• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire

christinedaae

Reaction score
if you don't like the show something is wrong with you. I look forward to sunday nights to watch this show.

IMHO todays episodes was the best yet of both seasons.

Something is going on with Margret. She is skimming money and is being a ***** towards the maids, I can't put it together. Van Alden is on the take, Nucky is going to get off, the commodore is going to get killed, Jimmy's mom is a milf if i ever saw one and she went crazy on him at the end of the show, we finally got to figure out what really happened that day when he met her from her own mouth. The entire show she puts it together like she is strong like she is in love but that's a facade, she's hurting and always has been, and it came out today.

chalky is interesting as well, he reminds me of someone who figured out a way to make a lot of money and married "up" so to speak, and always feels inadequate because he isn't as educated as his family and feels somewhat inferior and is very sensitive about things that he shouldn't be.

Not even mentioning the Agent getting burned or we finally saw the half face man's face today. And I think jimmy's wife kinda likes him.

And now Jimmy and Nucky have a decision to make. If The commodore dies they are both screwed and they know it.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you mean Boredwalk Empire?

Yep. Speaking of Boredwalk Empire, when are you going to start doing all the leg work of putting together another DC meet up?

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jimmy's Mom for sure put a whuppin on the commodore. he waited a long time for that ****.

I feel bad for Chalky. He is going to do something bad soon, for sure!

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good episode. I keep waiting for Richard to do something to Jimmy's wife. Loved seeing Lucky and Meyer getting spooked when they saw Rothstein standing over the poker table. Lots O Tittays in this episode, plus seeing Gretchen Mol's is always a win in my book. She really put the smack down on The Commodore. 20 plus years of rage kept inside finally getting unleashed.

Can't wait until next week.

i10casual

Reaction score
What the hell is Chalky gonna do with that stick he was whittling?!! I think he is going to beat the crap out of his family.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ +1 the bread winner can't even get what he asked for. Chalky's family does look down at him and the **** just ain't right. I wonder why he hasn't paid for a private teacher to help him lean to read and write?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to be chalky white for halloween. Do I have to wear a vest? I don't mind scarring myself.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ +1 the bread winner can't even get what he asked for. Chalky's family does look down at him and the **** just ain't right. I wonder why he hasn't paid for a private teacher to help him lean to read and write?

Cause he's too busy running ****. Honestly, not a fan of this show but I would watch a show where Chalky was the star.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you could read you'd note I'm probably one of the biggest defenders of the show. I was just trying to correct Slopho.

I was commenting on the general fact of people calling it "boredwalk empire", not on you calling it so (which I agree would be incorrect). I quoted your correction, rather than the original source because it doesn't really make sense without the correction that you made. Try not to be so sensitive.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to be chalky white for halloween. Do I have to wear a vest? I don't mind scarring myself.

I would be stoked to find one of these suits they wear in this show. Nucky's fits are a bit much but Chalky's and especially Jimmy's are awesome. Lucky's suits look great on him too.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cause he's too busy running ****. Honestly, not a fan of this show but I would watch a show where Chalky was the star.

+50, I was just thinking that when I read Mauro's post. I also think that Nucky telling him he needs to be a "good boy" didn't go over well either.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+50, I was just thinking that when I read Mauro's post. I also think that Nucky telling him he needs to be a "good boy" didn't go over well either.

Yeah, the look on his face said it: he's worked too hard, done too many dangerous and/or regrettable things to get to the point where nobody calls him 'boy'. I don't think Nucky meant it that way, but I have a feeling he's going to learn to watch his words before long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads