• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Jimmy is torn in two. Does he decide to switch back to Nucky? I think so.

christinedaae

Reaction score
I get the sense it's going to be his wife, not him.

I think He is truly somewhat hurt for "being passed over".

The truth is, nucky has screwed some people over, but i think he does really does care about Jimmy.

I think on e other hand, the commodore is just using him to get back where he wants to be.

the alcohol agent guy has to be the most interesting character on the show, with Al Capone coming in a somewhat close 2nd.]

"How is he handling the competition out there in chicago"

"we're killing them". i cracked up when i heard that.

Willie5566

Reaction score

Jimmy is torn in two. Does he decide to switch back to Nucky? I think so.

Not sure if he is torn. Jimmy wanted to kick his ass at the restaurant. I wish he would have too. Nucky needs to be taken down a peg.

I get the sense it's going to be his wife, not him.
I think He is truly somewhat hurt for "being passed over".
The truth is, nucky has screwed some people over, but i think he does really does care about Jimmy.
I think on e other hand, the commodore is just using him to get back where he wants to be.
the alcohol agent guy has to be the most interesting character on the show, with Al Capone coming in a somewhat close 2nd.]
"How is he handling the competition out there in chicago"
"we're killing them". i cracked up when i heard that.

I will never, ever, understand the love for Agent Nelson's character. He is so f'ing dry it's maddening. The scenes with Lucy last night made me what to **** my wrists. Al I get he's brash, unpredictable and ready to explode at anytime.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not sure if he is torn. Jimmy wanted to kick his ass at the restaurant. I wish he would have too. Nucky needs to be taken down a peg.
I will never, ever, understand the love for Agent Nelson's character. He is so f'ing dry it's maddening. The scenes with Lucy last night made me what to **** my wrists. Al I get he's brash, unpredictable and ready to explode at anytime.

:nodding: That is correct, sir.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what was happening with Margaret in the last episode?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

He's clearly torn in two. Scene where wife asks about dinner with his father and he says something about "both of them." Obviously, he thinks of Nucky as a father too.

christinedaae

Reaction score
Agent Nelson would make a good pimp. lol, i could see him in that music scene "what is this, is not the agreement we had, now get back on the street and make my money!"

that's the thing about agent nelson.. he really ISN'T that dry. that's the perception he puts on. you have to pay close attention. how he looks at pictures.. how he allowed the drinking in that place to go own 2 episodes ago until his wife said something. he didn't give a damn. now he's making deals with that ********* funny talking dude. hell he even bough the chick a music box.

I think he is struggling with his desires to, i don't' want to say cut lose but live a little if that makes sense. I don't think he's actually wound as tight as the show originally portrayed.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

Agent Nelson would make a good pimp. lol, i could see him in that music scene "what is this, is not the agreement we had, now get back on the street and make my money!"
that's the thing about agent nelson.. he really ISN'T that dry. that's the perception he puts on. you have to pay close attention. how he looks at pictures.. how he allowed the drinking in that place to go own 2 episodes ago until his wife said something. he didn't give a damn. now he's making deals with that ********* funny talking dude. hell he even bough the chick a music box.
I think he is struggling with his desires to, i don't' want to say cut lose but live a little if that makes sense. I don't think he's actually wound as tight as the show originally portrayed.

It's possible he bought the record player to patronize the woman, "treat a queen like a whore and a whore like a queen".

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's possible he bought the record player to patronize the woman, "treat a queen like a whore and a whore like a queen".

+1 to both. Nelson believes in his duty but is having a hard time being a hard ass all the time. Before his wife showed up he learned to live with some of the bs but had to make a show in front of her. He won't (so far) relent on going after the big boys though (hence dealing with the giggling guy as a snitch).

The Silverfox

Reaction score

+1 to both. Nelson believes in his duty but is having a hard time being a hard ass all the time. Before his wife showed up he learned to live with some of the bs but had to make a show in front of her. He won't (so far) relent on going after the big boys though (hence dealing with the giggling guy as a snitch).

Heh yeah, fuckin Doyle... Am I the only one who's been hoping and praying for his murder since the first episode of season 1?

Yeah nelson is kind of interesting, definitely a lot of conflict between what he feels and what he thinks he should feel.

Whether jimmy turns back to nucky or not I don't know, but I think they're probably going to play the angle of him considering it. He seemed conflicted in the last episode, so whether he lands with the commodore or nucky, they're probably going to focus more on him making a decision between his two father-figures, both of which he has reason to resent.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I wouldn't be surprised if he told the Commodore to **** off but didn't go back under Nucky's wing. Seems odd for such a bad ass (at least he scowls like one) to basically hop from one big daddy's lap to another.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads