• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Online backup service?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I need to set up an online backup service for a client and have no experience with them. It will just be for a file server that is currently being backed-up onto tape. Their files only total probably under 10GB. Does anyone have any recs?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is it an Apple?

finch

Reaction score
I have a .Mac account with Apple. I'm going to transition to the following very soon, just debating the 500GB or 1TB? Time Capsule

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Is it an Apple?
Ha, yeah right.

I started them on Moxy Pro. It's .50c/GB/month for businesses or $5/unlimited/month for individuals, the client is pretty smart (encryption, idle-only setting, bandwidth throttles, multi admins, etc), and they answered the phone when I called about an install issue. Seems it will work just fine for their purposes.

Edit sorry, MOZY Pro. Whoops: http://www.google.com/search?&q=moxy+pro

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Ha, yeah right..

I know... I'm just trolling for a fight.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Ha, yeah right.

I started them on Moxy Pro. It's .50c/GB/month for businesses or $5/unlimited/month for individuals, the client is pretty smart (encryption, idle-only setting, bandwidth throttles, multi admins, etc), and they answered the phone when I called about an install issue. Seems it will work just fine for their purposes.

I've been using Mozy for all 3 of our home computers and it works well.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
SteveB emailed me asking about Carbonite. Ive never used it, so didnt have an answer for him....anyone have any experience?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rush Limbaugh endorses Carbonite.

It must be good!

And conservative
smile.gif

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-Drive is pretty good and you get 5GB for free... 50GB is free is you have an AOL account (I think they're free these days).

I've used it and a few others, they all worked, but none are all that great.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
SteveB emailed me asking about Carbonite. Ive never used it, so didnt have an answer for him....anyone have any experience?
All I know about it is that I didn't choose it for some reason. It was in the top 4 that were reviewed as "all good for different purposes/reasons" in the reviews I read though.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've used Mozy in the past. It's fairly priced and will also backup external harddrives.

However, I've accumulated so many large files (Canon 5D camera), that the Mozy backups take FOREVER. I'm talking days. So, now I use several redundant Seagate external drives and keep only my most important photos and documents online.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, the drives are getting so cheap now it's absurd. I just got a 750GB external a month ago or so for $190. Also, check this out:

n0029usu01sf1.jpg

Thermaltake BlacX SE desktop SATA drive docking station with USB hub - about $45 and then you just buy bare SATA drives and stick them in it. Maybe not the safest esp. considering how cheap real externals are getting (since moving a still-spinning drive wrong can wreck it) but makes it easy to swap through a pile of drives.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We use Mozy Pro (after a PC meltdown that cost me 2K to retrieve critical data with on track recovery services.).

The downside about external drives is that no matter how cheap they are you still have to do something whether its removing the hard drive of premises or manually starting the backup (even with software its yours headache)and you know how complacent we all get until its too late.

Only thing is that you should check that the backups are being done regularly and exist online.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried JungleDisk but it seemed a bit slow to transfer. Good concept, they need to refine. they use Amazon's S3 disk space or whatever...but I thought it was actually part of amazon, which it isn't. www.jungledisk.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads