• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Alden Indy Boots

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
i dropped by RMW and Alden [Manhattan] yesterday to try out some black boots. obviously, i fell
inlove.gif
with the black 405s
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
... the Craftsman would have to wait til next year
nod[1].gif

AldenOrtho.jpg

Wow. I am normally allergic to black footwear, but these are beautiful!!!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zippyh, thank you for sharing. Magnificent!!!

chas

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with both the Vintage Oiled Nubuck Leather on the Vintage Indy Boots:
vi1.jpg
And the Oiled Tobacco Reverse Chamois seen here:
WP2_2.jpg
I thing the Reverse Chamois would make a damn fine Indy. Thanks in advance,

Lukasboots

Reaction score
I can't decide if I should get the Color 8's or the black w/ white stitches. Can anyone recommended the chrom/j crew styles vs the 405 classics? Also does anyone wear these without socks. Someone was talking about wearing two pairs while sporting their Indys.

bizzblar

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between the indy 403 and 405. horween seems to have a lot of info on the chromexcel leather in the 403 and it seems pretty cool, but haven't been able to find much on the leather used on the 405. Is it of the same quality, i.e. is it worth paying the same amount for the 405s as the 403s?

videocrew

Reaction score
The 405 leather isn't as good as the 403 IMO. The Chromexcel looks better too. It's also leather-lined, whereas the 405's may or may not be.

roboterkampf

Reaction score
I've had these standard 405s with canvas lining for about seven years now - been around the world in these poor fellas.
aldens.jpg

I was wondering what you guys recommend for the most "comfortable"/supple leather in these boots? I recently purchased a pair of Vintage Indy boots with the full leather lining and am so in love, but the whole situation is in a holding pattern as I wait to hear back from Alden, as there was a defect/blowout in the stitching... if it's repaired/guaranteed to be stable, I'm gold, otherwise I'm back to just the pair I have now. Either way it's good to know what you guys have experienced. I might even go black next time - I LOVE those "Black & Tan" Indy boots, but they seem sold out now. Sigh.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys recommend for the most "comfortable"/supple leather in these boots?.
I have found that my brown Horween Chromexcel Indys have broken in to a butter soft boot with amazing character. The soft leather lining was amazing from day one...i actually said "ohhhh yahhh..." when i put my foot in for the first time. Truey the most comfortable boot/shoe i have ever owned.

Chris

Zan3

Reaction score
Hey I'm rather new here, so I have a noob question. Are these all sold from the Alden store/website? It seems as though some of these are like some sort of recreations, or modifications or something. Sorry if it's silly but I just don't understand. I don't see any of those on the website.

The reason I'm asking is I had some boots from Allen Edmonds but the first pair had a defect, the second pair ripped on the side, and I told them I didn't want them anymore, and I got a regular shoe. Except now even this new shoe the rubber on the front tip is peeling away, and I'm just tired of bothering with Allen Edmonds. I really want a nice boot, with great leather on the inside and outside, that I can wear in foul weather, but I was not impressed with all the trouble from AE.

Although preferably I would prefer a boot longer than 6" hiking. I don't like those lug laces, if you don't lace em up tight, they slip off, and if you lace them tight, it pinches the hell out of my ankles. Just seems like 6" is a really ackward height for a boot.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonEM