• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1623286742943.png

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True story: This guys name is John Robert Burke, and the summer after my freshman year in college I worked at a TGI Fridays with him. He was very weird then, but he has clearly turned up the volume on his weird career...

That is both fantastic and eerily crazy. Perfect for this thread!

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is both fantastic and eerily crazy. Perfect for this thread!

When I met him, he introduced himself as John Robert Burke, which I thought was a bit odd with the whole 3 name thing. I asked him if he was going to become a great writer or kill somebody famous. He looked at me for a long moment and said, "Huh?"

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I met him, he introduced himself as John Robert Burke, which I thought was a bit odd with the whole 3 name thing. I asked him if he was going to become a great writer or kill somebody famous. He looked at me for a long moment and said, "Huh?"

Ha! Well, he's definitely making his own way through the world. Do you think the introduction might be a southern thing? (if he is southern)

It is interesting how we remember names. I imagine it's harder to forget someone once you know their entire name like that, although that might just be because we know all those famous writers and assassins.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of Lucchese's calfskin boots look iffy to me, but I think they're nice in suede. I have a pair of their suede Jonah boots. I admit, I don't really get why they enjoy such a sterling reputation. My boots seem fine, but they don't seem that much better than my Tecovas.

I've never seen the Tecovas, but I have a half dozen pair of Lucchese and appreciate them for what they are, which is a mid-priced, reasonably well made western boot in fairly middle of the road designs. I tend to buy Rios and Heritage more often these days, as I find what they are making to be a little more in line with what I want at this stage of my life.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact that foo threw away several pairs of expensive ass shoes like nothing, really makes me want to go back to unironic Marxism.

On another note, I find Lucchese mostly to be boring dad boots. Rios or heritage are way more fun and interesting. Gimme vintage styled fancy boots over just some brown or black boredoms on my feet.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fact that foo threw away several pairs of expensive ass shoes like nothing, really makes me want to go back to unironic Marxism.

On another note, I find Lucchese mostly to be boring dad boots. Rios or heritage are way more fun and interesting. Gimme vintage styled fancy boots over just some brown or black boredoms on my feet.

I think you found the term (dad boots) that I was looking for, and identified the reason I wear those less and less. Heritage (and Rios to a lesser extent) have much better styling and color options in my opinion, and are very well made. That said though, Lucchese still makes a great boot, but they are the Alden to the Barker Black or Vass, and I tend to be in the latter camp when it comes to shoes.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want cowboy boots to unironically wear these.

Also Gameday Boots doesn't make GSU-themed boots anymore :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads