• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Shoe Makers that DON'T Require a Fitting

pledge

Reaction score
Not looking to fly to London, Budapest, Italy, Vienna (although it would make a lovely vacation spot) or alas, Oslo. Any ideas?

What about "semi-bespoke"?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&G does semi bespoke. Not really bespoke with out a fitting.

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
What are you looking to accomplish? Just your own details?

Good question. Just a better build, better last, better details. Besides, if I am correct, there are at least some bespoke shoe makers who will build a shoe based on your own measurements.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't we then be talking about MTO which several makers offer? I thought bespoke involved fully customized lasts and required at least 1 fitting... Also, many bespoke makers have trunk shows in major US cities during which you can get fitted...

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Wouldn't we then be talking about MTO which several makers offer? I thought bespoke involved fully customized lasts and required at least 1 fitting... Also, many bespoke makers have trunk shows in major US cities during which you can get fitted...

True. But what if you can't even make it somewhere to have an item done MTO. Wouldn't there still be an advanage to having an experienced maker build a shoe off your measurements? Customization is not particularly important.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
M., I think Ercolino is the only one in the US who does something similar to what Gomez does with the Bottier line, that is a handmade shoe to your measurements but without a custom last and fitting.

Custom Measure Shoes.

Unfortunately, note the hiatus in the service, but if you contacted him, maybe the news would be different.

- B

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
M., I think Ercolino is the only one in the US who does something similar to what Gomez does with the Bottier line, that is a handmade shoe to your measurements but without a custom last and fitting.

Custom Measure Shoes.

Unfortunately, note the hiatus in the service.

- B

Thanks, B. I've even tried contacting Gomez; he doesn't seem too interested in the business
smile.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pledge
Thanks, B. I've even tried contacting Gomez; he doesn't seem too interested in the business
smile.gif

Duuuuude, have you tried contacting him in French?
devil.gif
I'd gladly translate!

skwirrl

Reaction score
You would think that type of business would do gangbusters in San Francisco where people walk everywhere... I wouldn't know what to look for but I would think SOMEBODY does something like that for the business crowd out there.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pledge
Being serious?

Very serious! While I can't guarantee a (better) result if you do write to him in French, nor was I suggesting that his unwillingness has anything to do with the fact that you contacted him in English (which I assume), I will translate English->French/French->English for you if you need.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads