• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beggars who lie for money

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm definitely right. Supposedly they limited federal money for food stamps for single adults back during welfare reform to some number of months every x years(but it was always riddled with exceptions). Then the stimulus got rid of time limits entirely.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
A single, perfectly able-bodied adult with no dependents can get like $250/month in food stamps indefinitely. FYI.

It's great that you have been blessed with the ability to diagnose people as able-bodied or not. Good for you. I am sure they are all able bodied and undeserving of your charity.

Has anyone ever told you that you are one selfish guy? How about that you lack any sense of logic? On one hand you rail against government spending and anyone that receives aid and on the other hand private charity is problematic for you.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I can see this thread is slowly turning into a CE showdown.
Originally Posted by tor
This is like a guy who came up to me on a train platform in nyc. He said he fell asleep and got his stuff stolen and he was $0.80 short of fare, so I gave him a buck. Then I saw him go to someone literally 5 feet away from me and give them the same story.
ffffuuuu.gif

Once I was walking through the bar district with some friends and a guy on a bench asked for some spare change. I was the only one who gave him anything, I gave him all my spare change (about $2) and as I walked away I heard him say "All right! Now I can buy that hackey-sack I wanted!"
ffffuuuu.gif
Another time some guy who looked to be in bad shape walked up to me and asked for money, he started telling me how he lost his job, was trying to get home, had to sleep in a homelesss shelter and was robbed, and all he wanted was money for a sandwhich. He was walking with me the whole time and got so into it, he almost started crying. At that point I gave him $5 just to make the akwardness stop.

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
There are some beggars here that must make $50K a year. One guy has a real knack for making you laugh, he's known as "Help is on the way" (that's his oft-used slogan). I saw him driving a newish Acura one day so I think he's doing alright.

I rarely give money to beggars. One guy used to hang out around my building and I gave him change because he was honest: "I just want to get some booze and cigarettes."

Similar story here. I was out with my dad one day and we were at a stoplight and I saw this guy holding a sign that said "Not gonna lie, I'm just gonna buy booze and smokes."

Gave him a $5 and thanked him for being honest.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd probably do the same if I was homeless. I mean for ****'s sake, being upstanding kind of goes out the window when you have no bed to sleep on, no woman to screw, no food to eat, and no booze to drink.

Intelligent Design

Reaction score
People always approach me for things like this. Poor people, people who want to hand out free coupons to things, people looking for directions, it doesn't matter. I see them twenty meters away and I already know that out of the crowd of people walking on the street, they're going to pick me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads