• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beautiful nature spots - without crowds?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yalls,

What are some really nice spots to check out globally that are gorgeous but do not have crowds? Preferably places a traveler can (safely) hang out by themselves without a guide, tour group, or other types of crowds. I prefer a place where I can look around in all directions and not see another soul.

Bonus points for places that can be visited during the winter, as I'm looking for something cool to do over the next few months.

imhotep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Is it overrun with tourists/campers during warmer seasons?
you have a choice. you can go the the provincial run camp sites, where you will see many families, etc. or, you can get a permit, and go out on your own in the algonquin. you probably won't see another person for days, as algonquin is huge. it's pretty common to do for those up here that are into camping. there is a trail that you can hike, which takes several days to complete. my brother did it, and said he encountered one person the entire time.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by safely?

Do you mean safely as in not an active war zone?

Or safely as in you can't read maps and thus have to stay on a well marked trail?

If you have the skills to do it, the Boundary Waters in Minnesota is an amazing place to visit, but it will be "crowded" for the backcountry in the summer. In the winter, if you venture out more than a day or so, you should be totally isolated. Good opportunity to see wolves, moose, etc. Plan on dealing with nighttime lows (actual temp, not windchill BS) of around -40F at times.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yellowstone National Park in the off season. About all you have to worry about is Grizzlies, an occasional Wolf, a stampede of Bison and boiling hot acidic water.

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Yalls,

What are some really nice spots to check out globally that are gorgeous but do not have crowds? Preferably places a traveler can (safely) hang out by themselves without a guide, tour group, or other types of crowds. I prefer a place where I can look around in all directions and not see another soul.

Bonus points for places that can be visited during the winter, as I'm looking for something cool to do over the next few months.

New Zealand and South Africa are two of my favorite places on Earth, for the exact reasons you mention.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isla Navarrino is quite beautiful in its way, and at least when I was there I didn't see many tourists.
There is a "town" with a naval base and a couple of villages, but there can't be more than a thousand or so people there. There is nothing to do except hike, climb and appreciate nature. Literally nothing though, so that has to be factored into travel plans.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks dudes. I'll look into some of the Southern Hemisphere options this winter.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a beautiful nature trail that doesn't get any human traffic!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads