• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barney's "private" sale...

minimal

Reaction score
for those that like barney's, their so-called "private" sale starts Thursday, November 18th, ends November 24th.

the card i received says it's at all their stores. it says 30%-50% off selected merch., shoes, & home stuff. and an additional 10% if you open a charge...

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's only for Barney's outlet - not the main store.
sad.gif

minimal

Reaction score
It's only for Barney's outlet - not the main store.

Sorry to contradict, but I believe you are wrong about that.

This postcard lists a bunch (all?) of their main store locations.

I add that I have nothing to do with Barneys, except that I've had both absolutely-great and definitely-not-great shopping experiences there.

Lomezz

Reaction score
well, the postcard that I received definitely said "Barney's outlet" for the same dates - Nov. 18.

Maybe it's a location thing? i.e., includes main stores except the NY store?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked it out too today. They had a great assortment on the floor. Has anyone here seen the small Berluti shop in the shoe department; they carry almost the entire line. The prices are a bit tough to swallow at $1100 a pair.

Knicksfan

Reaction score
I was not impressed by the sale selection - although there are several Mareno Martini shirts on sale. Only a small selection of other stuff marked down. I'll try back later in the season....

Lint Brush

Reaction score
I agree that the shirt selection was pretty unexciting . . .however, the tie sale had some very attractive pieces. I picked up a seven fold Isaia for $67, a very nice Nicky and a Bizzocchi for around the same price. Some Brioni's for $77 with incredibly soft silk--I just didn't care for the patterns.

C&J bench grade on sale for $297, but I didn't see any handgrade stuff on the rack.

Lomezz

Reaction score
I saw the strangest C&J: dress boot (never seen the model before,  not in catalog) made from combination calf/suede. Seemed to be made to  handgrade standard (chanelled sole) with a price to match (if I remember correctly, about $695 pre-sale). COuldn't figure the model/last number.

DSKent

Reaction score
Any other info on the Barney's sale? I will be stopping in New York for a few days, but I'm working on a tight schedule and want to try to figure out where my free time would be best spent. Right now, my only definite destination is MoMA.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads