• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barbour international

Racing Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude

... so for those with the international original, how warm is it??? is it recommended to buy one of those quilted inner liner layer jackets?

I wear the original International without a lining as I think it should fit slim which also means that I don't wear it much in very cold weather. I have a Beaufort with the teddy bear lining (as MoK very descriptively calls it) for very cold winter days.

Alex C

Reaction score
My International is arriving today. I bought it from: http://www.scotia.uk.com/ It's a neat shop in London I visited when I was there a few years ago. With the exchange rate as it is now, it's about $100 under Orvis. Shipping isn't awful, either. International purchases like this qualify for no-VAT, but you may have to email the owner.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A few years ago I picked up a Duralinen International when they came out with those. It's definitely lighter weight than the normal one but it's a really cool piece I think. It's like yellow linen but coated with black PU (it's a black jacket above all else) but over time the PU kind of fades and cracks in high-wear areas. Think "sick fadez" or whatever but for your jacket. It definitely has a cool look to it though that is very different than the normal waxed or non-waxed cotton. Here is the only picture I have of it, but it's from a few years ago so there is no sort of wear on it at this point. I'll try to get a better one soon.
a5d78a28.jpg

danilo

Reaction score
I got an international on the way thanks to a forum member who sold me his
smile.gif
will post pics once I get it.

deputychino

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post in the style forum. Got my 75th anniversary Barbour International from fedex on Thursday. I was able to find it online in the UK for much less than jcrew's price point. Although that's not to say it wasn't without it's hassles. Since I had never tried on an International I had no idea what type of sizing to expect. After researching different forums I decided to size up because I thought maybe they would run small.

Usually I wear between a 40R and 42R depending on the style of jacket. I decided to roll the dice and take a chance on a size 44. Yeah...it was quite large. Luckily the people at the store I ordered it from were very helpful. Word to the wise, these jackets run large. I wanted a more form fitting fit so I actually went with 38. It fits well, a little tight in the arm pits, but I attribute that more to fact that I'm hard to fit(40R-42R with a 33-34 waist). Overall I like it a lot.

Anyone else get one of these 75th anniversary jackets?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes they do. They sell special edition International jackets. And Yes it runs very very big; I think the 36 had a chest measurement of 45-46 inches.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not all the Internationals run large - the standard A7 is fairly generous, but some versions are much slimmer - it pays to check the actual measurements if you're not sure.

tunnelrat

Reaction score
I like the Barbour more, the price is also better than belstaff, but the loud logo on chest pocket is totally ugly. Dunno. ;(

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
I got an international on the way thanks to a forum member who sold me his
smile.gif
will post pics once I get it.

Can you post the actual chest/shoulder/sleeve/length measurements?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tunnelrat
I like the Barbour more, the price is also better than belstaff, but the loud logo on chest pocket is totally ugly. Dunno. ;(

barbour is way better than belstaff ... im not a huge fan of the logo either but belstaffs no longer an english brand. owned by italians and apparently the quality has gone with it

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Can you post the actual chest/shoulder/sleeve/length measurements?

I'm probably dropping it off at my tailor's today and I don't have a measuring tape so I likely won't have a chance to measure before it gets 'slimmed'. Although I won't be touching the chest, or length of anything, I may get the waist suppressed a little bit and the sleeves (towards the bicep/arm hole) will definitely be taken in quite a bit.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
barbour is way better than belstaff ... im not a huge fan of the logo either but belstaffs no longer an english brand. owned by italians and apparently the quality has gone with it

I though the same until I tired on a belstaff roadmaster. The fitting is far better and the quality HAS not gone down for belstaff. This issue has been touched upon on other forums such as filmjackets--

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^oh nice good to hear!

sorry shoudl have added that i own and have not handled any belstaff other than the few at jcrew stores

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads