• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dieg0

Reaction score
Not my boot, got this picture from Leffot's instagram and was wondering if you gents can comment on its versatility as I might be planning to order a pair of these very soon. Very attracted to them, just not sure how much wear I'll get out of it. Thanks!

Amazing boot, I have been dreaming about a shoe, which maries this two colours for over a year now. Love the "rendu"
Are those EG's?

Last edited:

katastrofa

Reaction score
Black suede+leather balmorals from Januszkiewicz in Warsaw:

Thanks for the advice I got on SF which helped me design them as I liked them!

Last edited:

mactire

Reaction score
I meant in the sense that the leather and suede combination seems today rather 'fancy', while Soviet dress in the 1920s one imagines was strictly utilitarian. I wonder who would have worn boots like these in 1920s Russia.

Look at Mayakovsky though, he would've I think.

Last edited:

katastrofa

Reaction score
It was a bespoke order I made in early 2014. Januszkiewicz is a very small shop, so it took a bit of time to deliver (he slotted me for autumn saying "you won't be wearing them earlier anyway" ;-)). I just went in and got my feet measured, then sent some details about how I want the boots to look (stitching, brogueing, lace holes etc.) via a relative living in Warsaw (I live in London). That was it (no 2nd measure). The boots fit me very well and are very comfortable. They cost about £500.

Macs

Reaction score
It was a bespoke order I made in early 2014. Januszkiewicz is a very small shop, so it took a bit of time to deliver (he slotted me for autumn saying "you won't be wearing them earlier anyway" ;-)). I just went in and got my feet measured, then sent some details about how I want the boots to look (stitching, brogueing, lace holes etc.) via a relative living in Warsaw (I live in London). That was it (no 2nd measure). The boots fit me very well and are very comfortable. They cost about £500.
Nice! Will you please share pictures of the soles?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sounds like good value for a custom made last. Can't say they stand out to me aesthetically. Reminds me of many bench made makers in the £300-350 range. With some more attention to detail they'd probably look a lot better. If the Eastern Europe makers would step up their game a little when it came to detail and finish they could probably put some serious pressure on English and Southern European makers given the (relative) low cost of labour in the region. I'm not being a hater here, just saying...

If they fit really well, like a custom last should even though it's not bespoke, it sounds to me like a lot of bang for the buck.

edit:typo

Last edited:

katastrofa

Reaction score
Sounds like good value for a custom made last. Can't say they stand out to me aesthetically. Reminds me of many bench made makers in the £300-350 range. With some more attention to detail they'd probably look a lot better. If the Eastern Europe makers would step up their game a little when it came to detail and finish they could probably put some serious pressure on English and Southern European makers given the (relative) low cost of labour in the region. I'm not being a hater here, just saying...

If they fit really well, like a custom last should even though it's not bespoke, it sounds to me like a lot of bang for the buck.

edit:typo

It was bespoke because I chose the color, leather and the details: how the upper and lower part should meet, where the brogueing should be, etc. So if you don't like the design, it's my fault :)

I looked at balmorals in C&J and Foster&Son stores in London and I can't say their quality was higher than mine - and they cost £500+, not £300-350. What bench made balmorals for £350 did you have in mind, Carmina?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TryPuravivePils