• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liber

Reaction score
They don't carry stock - they have a preorder process. Some of the items are limited to 40 or 50 orders. Run by 2 swedish uni blokes. Very good customer service and hoping to pick up the next lot of chambray BDs. Quite the growing pseudo Ivy style store...

Btw, Kyrgios is such a douche... wtf is wrong with him?
Missed the latest restock - hoping to catch the next run.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Geez iSurg you *really* liked my luxire linen trousers!

Also gents - PJ tux is in my hot little hands. Omgeeee <3<3<3 so good omfg

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How are you reading a book on Government contracts, and fabric in the same sitting?

That's quite a gig.

Quite a gig indeed, pretty lucky. Darwin's experienced unprecedented economic growth in the past two years - about time too.

This week in Darwin: News Shock - No Croc!!!!!
http://www.ntnews.com.au/
Tenant allegedly stored $200,000 of meth at Parap unit
Three teens attack cabbie with baseball bat, damage homes and cars during 14-hour crime spree across Darwin
Rebels bikie jailed for punching man on Darwin’s Mitchell St because he got in his “personal space”

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure about FXH's delivery, but I received my 30 dollar shirts from Lean Garments.  They are effing awesome for the price. Better than Uniqlo and Muji BDs. Nice roll out of the bag. I think I am set for cheap BDs forever....

Mine landed on doorstep this morning.
I'll do a detailed review and comparison to "Great OCBDs I have Known" over weekend.

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So anyway, in the extremely unlikely event that anyone wants to catch a free string quartet performance, we are playing at 1.15pm tomorrow at the MPavilion, in Queen Victoria Gardens (opposite the Victorian National Gallery).

All-Haydn programme.

I'll be the one with the pocket square.

I'd love to, but right now I do not appreciate flora at this time of the year.

iSurg

Reaction score

Geez iSurg you *really* liked my luxire linen trousers!

Also gents - PJ tux is in my hot little hands. Omgeeee <3<3<3 so good omfg

Mate, those are my 5 yo Peter Lee linen pants! But yeah, would like some more linens at some stage. I haven't ordered a single thing from Luxire yet....

Also pics or it didn't happen...

Last edited:

herringbonePete

Reaction score
So anyway, in the extremely unlikely event that anyone wants to catch a free string quartet performance, we are playing at 1.15pm tomorrow at the MPavilion, in Queen Victoria Gardens (opposite the Victorian National Gallery).

All-Haydn programme.

I'll be the one with the pocket square.

Cox, would if I lived closer..

I wore a pocket square to our concerts, got away with it for a few, then on the last was told to remove it as it was not conforming to 'concert dress'.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cox, would if I lived closer..

I wore a pocket square to our concerts, got away with it for a few, then on the last was told to remove it as  it was not conforming to 'concert dress'.

Concert dress? Sydney Opera House Verdi's Requiem 1982 Black Leather MC Jacket grey Kinggee work shirt and black MTM pleated trousers Doc Martin boots, no pocket square. Strange looks from fellow concert goers who weren't sure if I was there for the music or to mug them.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, memories.

Snapped on the way home from Christian Kimber's launch in Carringbush last night.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you guys buy your dress socks from Uniqlo which ones do you get?

I used to get the wide rib but they don't sell them anymore.

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, memories. Snapped on the way home from Christian Kimber's launch in Carringbush last night.
Not far from where I used to work in Langridge St. My mum is a Collingwood native. She knew all the cast of Power Without Glory by sight, as well as Squizzy Taylor and some of the Collingwood and Fitzroy football legends. Always good for a story from the old days, but she can't remember what she had for breakfast. :)

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to own a small terrace house in Clifton Hill, which is part of Collingwood Council. I bought it from a Greek family. The side fence out back was painted in alternating blue and white stripes, one per paling. I thought this was very "patriotic", until someone pointed out to me that those were actually Carlton's colours.

The Vine brings back great memories as I used to play gigs there with various excruciatingly bad bands. I believe it lived on as an inner-city live music venue until fairly recently. Amplified live music is gradually dying now. I'm not exactly sure what it's been replaced by, but there seem to be no shortages of excuses for young people to go out and get plastered.

Pubs are gradually going the way of churches - communal gathering-points that have lost their way and are now largely functionless. On the other hand, public spaces which previously seemed moribund are finding new life. Last night we had dinner in Postal Lane, next to the old GPO. What a fantastic new use for a previously closed-off space. Full marks to whoever thought of this.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I used to own a small terrace house in Clifton Hill, which is part of Collingwood Council. I bought it from a Greek family. The side fence out back was painted in alternating blue and white stripes, one per paling. I thought this was very "patriotic", until someone pointed out to me that those were actually Carlton's colours.

The Vine brings back great memories as I used to play gigs there with various excruciatingly bad bands. I believe it lived on as an inner-city live music venue until fairly recently. Amplified live music is gradually dying now. I'm not exactly sure what it's been replaced by, but there seem to be no shortages of excuses for young people to go out and get plastered.

Pubs are gradually going the way of churches - communal gathering-points that have lost their way and are now largely functionless. On the other hand, public spaces which previously seemed moribund are finding new life. Last night we had dinner in Postal Lane, next to the old GPO. What a fantastic new use for a previously closed-off space. Full marks to whoever thought of this. 

I used to live in Clifton Hill too, in Spensley St. I used to walk down Hoddle St to work in Langrigde St. I went down there the day that Julian Knight opened fire, fortunately about an hour beforehand. Similarly, I used to park my car in Walsh St South Yarra on the way to work. One day there were cops everywhere and I had to find somewhere else. I didn't find out until that night just why. Some times I think I'm a bit lucky to stil be here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I lived two blocks from the site of the Hoddle Street massacre. I believe I was away that evening though. My housemates were up at the Cliffy Hill Hotel sinking Guinnesses at the time - the cops came and locked everyone in for a couple of hours. Many more Guinnesses were consumed.

Apparently Knight is one of the most widely-loathed prisoners in Australia. A completely dysfunctional individual. They actually had to pass a special Act of Parliament specifically to stop his serial vexatious litigations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics