• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This place got really weird this weekend...

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought these naked ladies this weekend.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought these naked ladies this weekend.

I got a pair of these about 5 years ago. Unfortunately they scratched up pretty quickly. Hope yours last better. Still really like mine just wish they looked newer.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a pair of these about 5 years ago. Unfortunately they scratched up pretty quickly. Hope yours last better. Still really like mine just wish they looked newer.

Thanks for the heads up. They have a small glass face which probably is the culprit. Maybe try to polish using car polish. I would use AGP SRP.

Where do Australian members buy their pocket squares from? Any good places to buy multiple at comparably cheaper price?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up. They have a small glass face which probably is the culprit. Maybe try to polish using car polish. I would use AGP SRP.

Where do Australian members buy their pocket squares from? Any good places to buy multiple at comparably cheaper price?

I got my linen one from bucks on sale. Only used it a handful of times. $20 if I remember right

Last edited:

OzWino

Reaction score
So I've been watching all the Northern hemisphere gents bring out their boots for the cooler weather - ice, snow, rain etc. At present I dont have any good boots, but have been contemplating. This got me thinking, how much opportunity do you boot-wearing Aussies get given its really not that cold. Do you only wear them for a few months a year, or year round?

Just interested in your experience (and trying to justify expenditure to myself).

Arch3r

Reaction score

So I've been watching all the Northern hemisphere gents bring out their boots for the cooler weather - ice, snow, rain etc. At present I dont have any good boots, but have been contemplating. This got me thinking, how much opportunity do you boot-wearing Aussies get given its really not that cold. Do you only wear them for a few months a year, or year round?

Just interested in your experience (and trying to justify expenditure to myself).

I have a pair of c&j tetburys in black calf I wear for work when it's raining all year around. I'm keen to pick up a pair of slightly less formal boots for the cooler months. Don't think I would get much more than 3-4 months wear though.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of c&j tetburys in black calf I wear for work when it's raining all year around. I'm keen to pick up a pair of slightly less formal boots for the cooler months. Don't think I would get much more than 3-4 months wear though.

I've also got a pair of C&J Tetbury in tan. They've been refurbished and have a fair bit of patina on them, so I tend to wear them with jeans, for biz cas, etc. They get a pretty regular outing year-round, although I wouldn't wear them in the hottest weather as I'd be wearing shorts.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear my RMWs all year round. I tried a pair of brogues but they were nowhere near as comfortable.

So yeah, black RMWs craftsman in the summer. It puts me miles ahead of all the Florsheim and Ecco wearers.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't bring myself to buy stuff like that. Similar with ties that have a naked woman in the inside of the blade. In an office environment, I think it goes pretty close to crossing a line.

You mean in an overly politically correct environment (actually mostly just the political part).

Don't want to give people an excuse to shoot you this close to retirement ey?

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The ones I tend to wear the most come from Vanda Fine Clothing, Christian Kimber and Drake's. I got them individually though I'm sure others will have suggestions about where to get them in multiples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads