• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the administrative costs of it all would be vs the expected gain. I am sure consumers will be impressed when their stuff sits at customs for a week or two because they implemented a new system without properly resourcing it the alternative is it relies on the honour system in which case the most popular retailers will be the ones who put a fake price on the item as is the case with some of the more popular laptop sellers overseas on ebay...that $2000 laptop just magically becomes less than the 1K threshold.

Every which way you go the only people benefitting from this are Gerry and the like, who rather than spending time reducing their internal costs prefer to just cry for the government to help them compete which flies in the face of the very free trade 'ideals' that allow them to import all their crap for sweet fa.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Satorial cop list 2015:
- a few more shirts
- some more pants (higher waisted, single pleat, cuff)

That's about it: sorted for shoes, knits and outer wear.

fox81

Reaction score
Word on the street has it that WW Chan is doing their first Australian tour next month.

The bad news is that it is only Melb and Syd (and I now reside in Brisbane).

Im not sure what the pricing is like these days, but highly recommended for any of you that haven't used them before.

http://www.wwchan.com/itinerary.pdf

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Kent Wang Swim Shorts, size 34, and they are a bit too small for me. I think they fit a 32-33 (not vanity sized at all - see measurements below).

http://www.kentwang.com/swim-shorts-dark-blue.html

Paid $75 USD + $13 USD shipping, so about $110 AUD all up.

If anyone is interested in them at a slight discount, let me know. Otherwise I'll do a return.

Shorts are brand new of course, and are essentially a copy of the much much more expensive Orlebar Brown shorts

Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chicks from Brisbane who visit Nepal are so much more fun than their Melbourne counterparts those who don't.

Fix that for you. Hope the trip is going well (sounds like it).

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CraigC

Reaction score
love those double monks

thanks guys for the feedback re MTM,

An update on the Australia Post shopmate delivery service, my parcel was delivered to them on the 26th November I am still yet to receive it. They deny its lost claiming its in customs. I received a package on the 29th December from Monsieur Fox that was posted on the 23rd it was thorough custom in less than half a day.

:deadhorse:

Liber

Reaction score

After I find a job I'll probably order some M2M business shirts from SS (x5 white, x1 pale blue).

When our dollar recovers I'll slowly replace my 3 shoe wardrobe with Herring stuff.

And fingers crossed Jason will sell a red grenadine this year in a fina weave.
No light pink to make it 7?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty well sorted for business wear these days, so my 2015 wish list is more in the realm of casual wear. This includes:

2. selvedge denim jeans fo ar fat bloke. Edwin seems the likeliest choice for cut, although that need a bit more research
3. pair of sneakers a la CP Tournament Lows. I have charcoal, considering maybe white or a dusky red
4. Long-sleeved linen shirts. Quite liking some of the BB shirts in that area.
5. Oxblood calf belt
6. My usual search for long-sleeved tee shirts that fit in the shoulders and sleeves.

All this is contingent on

1. Get a job.

lennier

Reaction score

Checking in from the Himalayas.

Spotted any double monks yet? (more drinks may help if only single monks are visible).

Edit: just noticed PS beat me to the joke, and had pictures. Doh.

Last edited:

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford Split Updates

Guess everyone is either in balance sheet repair mode, or trickling back to work.

Oud Wood 2 out of 8 minimum
Noir de Noir 2 out of 8 minimum
Tobacco Vanille 1 out of 8 minimum
Tuscan Leather 1 out of 8 minimum
Amber Absolute 1 out of 8 minimum

Except for Amber Absolute, prices are $75 plus postage ex Sydney.

Amber Absolute is $95 plus postage ex Sydney.

Decant sizes are 30ml in glass sprayer bottles.

I need 8 minimum to get started on each, but could go up to 16 or 24 or 32.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spotted any double monks yet? (more drinks may help if only single monks are visible).

Edit: just noticed PS beat me to the joke, and had pictures. Doh.

Great minds (or #menswear drones?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads