• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clock DVA
John Zorn
Henri Dutilleux
Millions Of Dead Cops

Which John Zorn? Naked City? Painkiller? Masada? The Dreamers?

Where would you recomend a start with Henri Dutilleux?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which John Zorn? Naked City? Painkiller? Masada? The Dreamers?

Where would you recomend a start with Henri Dutilleux?

I saw John Zorn live at the Bergisch Gladbach Music Festival in 1989 and really liked him. He was playing with a bunch of other New York avant-garde jazzmen at that gig. I can't remember all their names now. I realise Zorn uses a wide range of musical styles in his output; I can't really name albums.

For Henri Dutilleux I can very strongly recommend the Cello Concerto, also called "Toute un monde lointain", which is extraordinarily beautiful, mystical and terrifying in equal measure.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
I just checked then and there was definitely belts, ties and some of the knitwear still in stock. I think a lot of the socks are sold out though, yes.

Yeah pity re; the knitwear, some of those cardigans are jumpers are great. Don't have a lot of need for belts, but cheers for the heads up. More bemoaning what damage could have been done to the old CC.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brown shawl neck Aran looked good for $130, though they didn't have my size. As did the navy cashmere cardi but again no stock.

Oh, and it's 28C in Sydney tomorrow, three days out from "winter".

I have a berg&berg belt, the quality is ok for the price but I wouldn't say top notch (small belt pun there for fxh, Ernesto etc.)

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the camel and green cashmere sweater from B&B when they were on their end of season sale. Its baby soft, and fits ever slightly on the smaller side. Haven't even washed it yet.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. Never waist an opportunity.

tumblr_lr4i3aIw2J1r2hsaso1_500.jpg

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The scarves in the B&B outlet seem like a good price shame most everything else is sold out

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Navy Mac from Luxire today, it's perfect. Wore it out to dinner with my Grandparents. Shirt fit isn't the best, I need to get OH to make me up some new OCBDs.

Luxire
Kamakura
Oscar Hunt
Crockett and Jones

lukejackson

Reaction score
Mac looks awesome foxy.

on another note, would anyone be interested in a brown brioni polo? Perfect condition bar a chipped button. beautiful open weave, sturdy collar. I just dont wear it. size medium.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Navy Mac from Luxire today, it's perfect. Wore it out to dinner with my Grandparents. Shirt fit isn't the best, I need to get OH to make me up some new OCBDs. Luxire Kamakura Oscar Hunt Crockett and Jones
Can you post few better pictures of the mac? In daylight. Looks pretty good. Why don't you get OCBDs from Luxire? Their shirts are excellent....

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard the Harrold's outlet at Crown is having a sale; can anyone speak about the stock?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard the Harrold's outlet at Crown is having a sale; can anyone speak about the stock?

I've bought a lot of stuff from there in the past, but you have to be ready for disappointment. Often you spot something insanely desirable, only to discover that it's not available in your size.

Not bad for odd jackets and trousers; many ties, most of which are hideous; virtually no shirts; the occasional nice suit. Plenty of Brioni, Tom Ford, Pal Zileri, Caruso, but like I said, rarely does any of it fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads