• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I saw that dude upstairs at around 7.30, being fussed over by one of the staff - apparently teaching him how to tie a bow tie. Which looked weird considering he had leathers on.

I was slightly annoyed at the time because they were standing right in the way of some light brown donegal DB jackets I was itching to try on. Now I'm kind of glad I didn't brusquely interrupt (as per my usual wont).

Anyway, this contretemps with "Checky" must have occurred after that. BTW, Checky, were we introduced? I was wearing a brown trilby.

Last edited:

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checky was the bloke wearing the most out there of out there combinations.

Brown shoes and a navy suit.

CoffeeDudeGuy

Reaction score
Never really understood this strange view that navy suit and brown shoes don't work....heavily disagree...then again I am someone who would wear a quilted jacket with a suit...

Navy and brown, the colours of the earth and sky (dawn or dusk). This combo has worked since the dawn of man.

Works better in Aussie lighting too, albeit more so in the daytime.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you gentleman not vanquish this insane foe and send him back to the fashion hell spawned forth from!

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Selfedge, Superdenim as well as Ironhearts UK distribution chain. For cheapsies be sure of your size and hit up Rakuten.

PSA: Uniqlo has crewneck sweatshirts in store (bit pricey at $40) but not online (no greys though), picked up one in a deep navy today.

Last edited:

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanasi

Be careful with denim, it is very hard to get sizing right.

I can't recommend Blue Owl enough however, you really need to know your stuff.

If you live in Sydney and want Japanese Denim, check out Corlection in Pitt Street. If you really can't stand parting with an extra $10-$20 to buy locally, go back to Blue Owl and buy online. If you want Nudies, or Tellason, or Levis or other mid/upper jeans, try Maple in Balmain/Sydney.

Fit is king with jeans - above all else. It doesn't matter how sexy your raw denim gets over 3 years, if they fit like crap they'll get no love.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wool Beanie, gloves, over coat and HC scarf and RM yard boots just to the take the dog for a walk.It has to be snowing as the wind goes straight through you time to break out the mole skins and a bottle of Henry 7 and :censored: the Brumbies what was all that about? Pathetic :brick:

Last edited:

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much would you expect them to cost?

They aren't whipping their Chinese workers enough. I want to be able to brag about how cheaply I bought my t-shirt from Uniqlo as I sip my VB at the next BBQ.

12 Years of Slave that ****. Come on!

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today at an op-shop I bought a Henry Bucks gingham shirt (sky blue checks) in a lovely cotton IN MY SIZE (wow) for $5. The sleeves are a bit full for the not ripped LM, but for $5 I'm a happy chappy. I also found a London Fog trench in my size but in beige (want navy), though it's only like $10 I might just compromise and only wear it if it's ******* pelting (weekly occurrance).

Channeled my inner California Dreamer. I have a few more to hit up tomorrow (hoping to find an elusive rain coat)

Reminds me. Does anyone know about Gloverall coats? I saw a Gloverall peacoat today fot $15. S38, navy, gold buttons.

Picked up some Balmain pants and a paisley scarf. Quiet day.

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Details on the balmain pants - depending on what they are (biker pants) they can be pretty sought after.

Picked up the Max for $5. Fits quite well, not ideal colour, but for $5 I'm cool.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reminds me. Does anyone know about Gloverall coats? I saw a Gloverall peacoat today fot $15. S38, navy, gold buttons.
Picked up some Balmain pants and a paisley scarf. Quiet day.

Gloverall is THE duffel-coat maker. The real thing but they are so heavy you need a work experience boy to carry it for you. Its what Monty wore. Impractical in Melbourne - might work in Canberra or Mawson - fnar fnar - don't know directly about their peacoats but I'd assume they re also the real thing. And too heavy for here. Unless they have "updated" it to be "edgy" for the "youth" market.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads