• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's yellow and yellow. You need to be careful depending on your skin tone. Combined with fluorescent lights it can make you look like Chet Baker with Hep C on a bad day with no hope of scoring. Ecru is best.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^he speaks the truth on skin tone there. I have an unwavering hate of cream shirts, they wash most people out awfully but have fond memories of a more yellow but still subtle Ganton shirt (when they were made in Australia) about 10 years ago. Navy is the right colour to wear them with them

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do pale yellow shirts get much love? Saw this hit Kamakura stock and I've taken a real shine to it.

Looks like a Charvet shirt that I used to have. I used to wear it with a navy, herringbone weave suit or with a navy odd jacket and grey trousers (surprise, surprise). It's an unusual shade but can work very well.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^he speaks the truth on skin tone there. I have an unwavering hate of cream shirts, they wash most people out awfully but have fond memories of a more yellow but still subtle Ganton shirt (when they were made in Australia) about 10 years ago. Navy is the right colour to wear them with them

I hear you, but I really like off whites.

I think they suit olive complexions more?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt - can you let us know when the first whale appears explodes?
fify

I must admit I'm besotted by it. Its how I imagined paisley in my dreams. I've only got a small bit atm 10"x 28" but I think I'll buy the whole lot. Make sheets or pillow cases.
Beautiful colours and fabrics. Compliments. Can I buy some off you?

There's yellow and yellow. You need to be careful depending on your skin tone. Combined with fluorescent lights it can make you look like Chet Baker with Hep C on a bad day with no hope of scoring. Ecru is best.
Chet certainly had bad days, most likely had Hep C, but I doubt he ever had trouble scoring.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other news, your correspondent kopped a very noice Hackett waistcoat in coarse windowpane tweed from DJs today. Full price, but not overly expensive. Meticulous inspection of all labels failed to clarify country of manufacture, therefore it was Made In China. That's ok, so was wifey.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must admit I'm besotted by it. Its how I imagined paisley in my dreams. I've only got a small bit atm 10"x 28" but I think I'll buy the whole lot. Make sheets or pillow cases.

Nobody gets laid in bedsheets like that.

Does anyone know if Herringbone stocks any ties besides the ones they have online? I'm after a red textured weave/grenadine.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updated with my own pictures.

Someone should grab it for this winter, much too nice to be sitting around in my closet.

Also, if anyone is a 9.5 in Loakes, I have some of these to sell cheaply (not my photo - mine are slightly used)

http://www.loake.co.uk/loake-shoemakers/plain-tie/771.html

That's cool ... beautiful colors. Even though my favorite remains the shoes. They have a very unique color. But are they really so in reality? Fantastic.

CHECKstar

Reaction score

C'mon, who said what.

Checky had a deep and meaningful with a gigantic dude who rocked up in head-to-toe leather who then proceeded to berate him for being non-conformist by pairing brown shoes with a blue suit. For some reason, sundry SFers in the vicinity all found other conversations more fascinating and left Checky to defend the SF-approved POV as expressed above, a situation that he was somewhat discomfited by, and about which he later expressed a degree of embitteredness. Nevertheless, said leather-wearing chap (a Professor, I am led to believe) was desirous of continuing sartorial discussions with Checky, pressed his phone number on our colleague and requested the same from Checky, who obliged (or at least gave him part of it).

This is a pretty accurate representtion of what I did when I got home after Pinky dropped me off:

:

Thanks again @ssholes for the help with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads