• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the suede thread.

New chukkas.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity -

If you could only have one, which would you consider more useful - a chukka or a penny loafer?

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity -

If you could only have one, which would you consider more useful - a chukka or a penny loafer?

A chukka for our generation - without a doubt.

A penny loafer is so 'Ivy' it hurts.

Mind you, DR was rocking one on the weekend and they looked great/inconspicuous.

Arch3r

Reaction score
Out of curiosity -

Chukka, I wear mine everywhere... In fact I'm wearing mine today at work - Cas Friday.

Only draw back is you'll get no shorts action with chukkas. Well unless you're one of those alternative boot wearing hippies...

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Gonna buck the trend and say Penny Loafer.

Can be worn with a suit of a casual nature, chinos, jeans, and for general loafing. Which I do a lot of.

Wearing a pair right now. Just lovely.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go Chukka's over loafers in terms of versatility, but Chelsea boots are so much better than chukkas.

Last edited:

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree.

Interestingly manton et al see a brown calf/suede penny loafer in their 'essential' top 3 shoes.

ovlov

Reaction score
Double monks over both. Only marginally less versatile but much more fun

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eww.

Balmorals > Chelsea

You're just trying to justify/clarify you're up coming purchase.

I understand that Chelsea's aren't for everyone, they remind a lot of people of work boots, Blundstones etc. I personally love them. Next pair of dress shoes, whilst probably far off, will be Chocolate Suede RMW.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
You're just trying to justify/clarify you're up coming purchase.

I understand that Chelsea's aren't for everyone, they remind a lot of people of work boots, Blundstones etc. I personally love them. Next pair of dress shoes, whilst probably far off, will be Chocolate Suede RMW.

I associate Chelseas with pollies, and more frequently, women. Chelseas are huge among women, and the Chelsea boot looks too feminine for me.

Hell, I was going to buy the mrs these tonight - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4156

Arch3r

Reaction score
Yeah I agree.

Interestingly manton et al see a brown calf/suede penny loafer in their 'essential' top 3 shoes.
It's not that I don't like them I just don't think they fit my personality. Always reminds me of Ivy league jocks. I wouldn't go as far as saying they shoul dbe in the top three though... Maybe if you classify as 1. Black Oxford 2. Brown dress 3. Casual (Penny/sneakers etc)

Double monks over both. Only marginally less versatile but much more fun

I like the idea of this and on the topic of top three shoes my rotation is only 3:
  1. C&J Hallams (Black)
  2. C&J Lowndes dbmonks (Brown)
  3. Random brown suede chukkas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads