• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate.

By the way, has anyone tried the mens shoe club? They provide you monthly shoes based on your subscription that are all custom made. I'm wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with the quality of the shoe and sizing.

https://www.mensshoe.club/

Lol, they even have a pair of EG Galways made up, what can go wrong with $270 USD for 3 pairs of shoes when there is no description on the styles, lasts on the website, just Instagram pics and how to join.

smeggett

Reaction score
Thanks mate.

By the way, has anyone tried the mens shoe club? They provide you monthly shoes based on your subscription that are all custom made. I'm wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with the quality of the shoe and sizing.

https://www.mensshoe.club/
I think this says it all...
shoe_club.JPG

I'm one of those people that think if you can't get the simple stuff correct then how can I trust you to do something more complex?

Reaction score
I'm not fussed. I'm just glad that Melbourne is getting some well deserved recognition. Plaza Uomo recently did a feature on Melbourne too.
Completely seperate to this form I was looking up mullets to explain the haircut to my girlfriend (who growing up overseas didnt know mullets) and there was an article saying that a show from australia at pitti was going to feature the mullet.
I wonder what the reaction to that must have been.

markjdm

Reaction score
Lol, they even have a pair of EG Galways made up, what can go wrong with $270 USD for 3 pairs of shoes when there is no description on the styles, lasts on the website, just Instagram pics and how to join.

Lol, hence my hesitation on the shoes and searching the forum didn't give any results so I assumed they are crap.

Wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot shoe horn.

The idea has now been erased off my mind.

I'm heading off to Sydney this weekend, I was ideally looking for an oxford toe cap and maybe a brogued boot. Any other suggestions apart from Double Monk and Loake?

Contango

Reaction score
Joseph’s, or David Jones, it has cheaney and church’s
MJ Bale sells Cheaney now too (and also what appear to be overpriced rebadged made-in-India Loakes), however I don’t know how the prices compare to either of those.

paddyo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Made in India Loakes are great. Mine lasted 4 years (I ironically left them in a cab in India, they were still going strong). They were my most comfortable shoe as well. Of course, I might seem biased as some of you know I now work in India...

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Made in India Loakes are great. Mine lasted 4 years (I ironically left them in a cab in India, they were still going strong). They were my most comfortable shoe as well. Of course, I might seem biased as some of you know I now work in India...
Seems worth the price for the story - shoes returning home etc.......

mistermike

Reaction score
Hi all - before I post on Ebay, I recently bought a pair of size UK10 Carmina Rain Chukka Boots in dark brown suede directly from Carmina. Sadly they are a half size too big for me. I have worn them only once. Willing to let them go for $400. Please PM me if interested. I am based in Sydney so happy to meet up or post. Cheers, Mike

AmayaTaiyou

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am thinking of getting a bespoke suit sometime soon, and was just wondering if anyone has any experiences with the bespoke suits from thefineryco, in particular the Zing Chen ones? I am also travelling to Hong Kong soon, and was considering maybe getting a Ascot Chang bespoke suit there. Would love you hear everyone's opinions.

aussiejake

Reaction score
UK 7.5/US 8.5 friends - clearance prices on some shoes I want gone. Message me for further details and photos.
  1. Vass Longwing High Boots (near new) - 40.5G - AUD 525 - Photos 1 2 3 4 5
  2. John Lobb Chigwell in black calf (near new) - UK 7.5E - AUD 650 - Photos 1 2 3 4 5 6
  3. C&J for Ralph Lauren Tassel Loafers in brown shell cordovan - 8.5US - AUD 500 - Photos 1 2
  4. Carmina Norwegian Split Toe in brown suede (new) - UK 7.5 - AUD 300 - Photo
  5. Carmina Captoe Boots in black shell cordovan (perfect renovation job) - AUD 150 - Photo
  6. Loake 1880 Pimlico in dark brown suede - 7.5UK - AUD 130 - Photo
  7. Loake 1880 Aldwych captoe in brown calf - 7.5UK - AUD 130
  8. Loake 1880 Aldwych captoe in black calf - 7.5UK - AUD 115 - Photo

Last edited:
Reaction score
UK 7.5/US 8.5 friends - clearance prices on some shoes I want gone. Message me for further details and photos.
  1. Vass Longwing High Boots (near new) - 40.5G - AUD 525 - Photo
  2. John Lobb Chigwell in black calf (near new) - UK 7.5E - AUD 650 - Photo
  3. C&J for Ralph Lauren Tassel Loafers in brown shell cordovan - 8.5US - AUD 500 - Photo
  4. Carmina Norwegian Split Toe in brown suede (new) - UK 7.5 - AUD 300 - Photo
  5. Carmina Captoe Boots in black shell cordovan (perfect renovation job) - AUD 150 - Photo
  6. Loake Pimlico in dark brown suede - 7.5UK - AUD 130 - Photo
  7. Loake Pimlico in brown calf - 7.5UK - AUD 130
Interested, i couldn't get your photos to load though?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads