• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
Who's making? I'm not a fan of a scotch grain oxford. I don't think a split toe seam is really an issue, especially if it's a reputable bespoke maker.

Luxire, they have my last down very well and rock solid construction.

link please?

brown full grain.jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own any Real McCoy denim? From what I’ve been reading about Japanes demin the view I have formed is that most is cut similar to Levis 501. Correct me if I’m wrong.

GinoSprezzalini

Reaction score
Hey ho yall,

Been a while since I've been on here. Saw an interesting article today that features Melbourne.
See: https://www.permanentstyle.com/2018/04/melbourne-a-sartorial-shopping-guide.html

B.

Does it not seem disingenuous for someone to talk about a city's "many galleries, shops and (especially) cafes (how very cliche of you Mr Crompton) in which to wear more style-conscious clothing (I do love to dress up for my morning ristretto)" and make recommendations for menswear having never visited the place?

pAvGsh4.png

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it not seem disingenuous for someone to talk about a city's "many galleries, shops and (especially) cafes (how very cliche of you Mr Crompton) in which to wear more style-conscious clothing (I do love to dress up for my morning ristretto)" and make recommendations for menswear having never visited the place?

pAvGsh4.png

I'm not fussed. I'm just glad that Melbourne is getting some well deserved recognition. Plaza Uomo recently did a feature on Melbourne too.

GinoSprezzalini

Reaction score
I'm not fussed. I'm just glad that Melbourne is getting some well deserved recognition. Plaza Uomo recently did a feature on Melbourne too.

I get fussed, when I read a restaurant review, and find the critic has just read the menu.

Gino, it's been too long.

Too long indeed! But it is good to see Aussie Members thread has not strayed too far, from the regular discussions.

Terminator

Reaction score
Anyone own any Real McCoy denim? From what I’ve been reading about Japanes demin the view I have formed is that most is cut similar to Levis 501. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I don’t own any Real McCoys denim but have read a lot on the topic and a lot of people say that the Sugarcane 1947 repro is the closest repro of that year’s 501 and even closer than LVC’s own repro (which I do own). Last weekend I bought At Last & Co’s Lee 1944 repro because I’ve gotten too fat for my LVCs, and they’re really great. I also tried on their 501 repro (sorry, I can’t recall the year) and they were also really great. As far as I know AL&Co isn’t available in Australia. You should also look at the Freewheelers 1947s which I also tried on and which my friend has. They fade to a really great blue and are available in Aus (at Corlection).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads