• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with trunk shows? I read that Edward Green will be having a trunk show at Double Monk this month. I haven't been to a trunk show and I don't know how it works. What do they do at the trunk show? Any ideas about cost? Finally how does payment work, does the customer pay a deposit and then the balance when their shoes are ready?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a new merino sweater.

Something that's a step up from Uniqlo.

Any suggestions?

BB in Martin Place?

The best merino sweaters I've bought in the past few years have been from Sportscraft :eek: good range of colours and no pilling.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

There is an email going out on the mailing list this morning, of which I'd like to share here first which is as follows -

To my loyal clients,

After 5 years of business I've taken the difficult decision to call time on Henry Carter and take an indefinite break from it and in turn close the website down for the foreseeable future.
A lot has changed in mine and my wife's life in that time, 3 children and 2 other jobs that take up most of my time and I just do not have the time to dedicate to Henry Carter anymore and run the business as it should be.
I would like to personally thank all of my clients that have supported my little business in that time, particularly the Style forum Australian members community, of which I have made many friends through.
The website will be up and operational until approximately the 19th September and in that time all remaining stock has been reduced to clear while stocks last.

Regards,
Jason Segrott
Founder and Owner
Henry Carter

There's been a few interested parties in buying the business and if you are one of those people I will be in touch soon to talk more about it. I'll still be around to check in from time to time of course. Cheers guys.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
BB in Martin Place?

The best merino sweaters I've bought in the past few years have been from Sportscraft :eek: good range of colours and no pilling.
I bought a BB jumper a few months back from DFO made from their "washable wool". A little thinner than I would have liked but nice texture, no piling and I can chuck it in the washing machine.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

There is an email going out on the mailing list this morning, of which I'd like to share here first which is as follows -

To my loyal clients,

After 5 years of business I've taken the difficult decision to call time on Henry Carter and take an indefinite break from it and in turn close the website down for the foreseeable future.
A lot has changed in mine and my wife's life in that time, 3 children and 2 other jobs that take up most of my time and I just do not have the time to dedicate to Henry Carter anymore and run the business as it should be.
I would like to personally thank all of my clients that have supported my little business in that time, particularly the Style forum Australian members community, of which I have made many friends through.
The website will be up and operational until approximately the 19th September and in that time all remaining stock has been reduced to clear while stocks last.

Regards,
Jason Segrott
Founder and Owner
Henry Carter

There's been a few interested parties in buying the business and if you are one of those people I will be in touch soon to talk more about it. I'll still be around to check in from time to time of course. Cheers guys.

Just made my last purchase.

Thanks Jase.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Jason thanks for the great service over the years. I've bought many lovely ties, shirts and scarves from Henry Carter, both for myself and my wife. The JoE cashmere scarves have been getting a thorough workout. Best of luck in your next endeavours.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John Smedley or Inis Meain at Henry Bucks during sale period or online from NMWA.

No hipster ****.

Was quoted 4.1k for a 2pc suit - fabric - most of the popular brands up to s120s

Tell them they're dreaming.

BB in Martin Place?

According to their website BB don't have anything in navy.

Pretty happy with my stuff from Berg and Berg.

I don't know what that is but I probably can't afford it.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oli look into berg and berg. Very affordable against the quality you're getting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads