• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations all, to answer some points:

- I'm 175cm or so, not particularly tall
- I'd like to be able to put stuff in the boot - my bike (with wheels off is totally fine) and some small things from the hardware store. No massive planks or wood or anything bulky, but I can't quite do a Smart car, for example
- I really, really don't care about style or associations
- I'm not looking to get offroad at all
- seats for a few friends would be great
- I've never owned a car, so this is a bit of a 'testing the water' purchase. It's ok if it runs for 2 years or so then I re-evaluate whether I want to keep owning a car
- Not going to pay for than 4 or 5K, and 5k would be the absolute limit

Contango

Reaction score
Was good to see the other day that you're restocking some of your Grenadines - does this mean that Henry Carter will be active again? Any plans to restock some of the Macclesfield prints you've had in the past? I read through your thread after things went quiet and there are definitely a couple I'd pre-order given the chance, you had (have) great taste.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was good to see the other day that you're restocking some of your Grenadines - does this mean that Henry Carter will be active again? Any plans to restock some of the Macclesfield prints you've had in the past? I read through your thread after things went quiet and there are definitely a couple I'd pre-order given the chance, you had (have) great taste.
Can't really say too much on here now that I'm not an affiliate anymore but we are cruising along again, at least until next year. Mostly just re-stocking grenadines at the moment and picking up 1 or 2 other new ones occasionally plus new scarves for winter. I probably don't see too many Macclesfields on the horizon though, they became so popular and supply of fabric became harder and thus more expensive with all the good stuff being snapped up by bigger companies quickly.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't you just buy that watch a few months ago? I thought that you liked it?

Hi JM , yes did buy this few months ago. Such a beautiful watch. I love to look at it but I just couldn't wear it. I did try it on for 10-20 mins few days only in the office . Great watch for anyone looking for a dress watch.
I plan to keep just my DJ2 & Gmt ii and sell everything else including a Tudor Black Bay. Anyone interested Pm me !

sensuki

Reaction score
So I'm in Hobart for Dark Mofo and was wondering if anyone knew of any places that sell good quality local menswear? Probably a longshot though. There seems to be quite a lot of nice places for womenswear ("the maker" at the Salamanca Arts Centre had some sweet stuff, including some grail level scarves but all the clothes were womens) but haven't really seen anything for guys apart from socks and maybe plain wool basics. I already own a few pairs of Mongrel socks.

Any tips welcome.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Charhan1

Reaction score
Hi all - I don't often post but keep track of this thread. I have struggled finding chinos that fit well and have a crease and are not pricey.

Might be too cheap for some but have recently found some great fitting ones (for me) at Uniqlo - 100% cotton, quite high waisted with a wide waistband and a crease in the leg and a good silhouette- all for the absurd current sale price of $19.90. Not sure how long they'll last but now have a number of pairs in beige, olive and navy. Most sizes still available. Link below:

http://www.uniqlo.com/au/store/men-chino-flat-front-pants-1862000007.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads