• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nolvadex

Reaction score
Undies. I don't really desire any new clothes. I wouldn't mind a hat from Drakes but I can't justify spending $500 on a felt hat

nelsypants

Reaction score
Melbourne iGents, has anyone got recommendations for a dry cleaner? Have heard some good things about on the spot in Richmond. Suggestions for conservative business dress, SE suburbs would be appreciated. Cheers!

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I Was Wearing A Few Years Ago.
Went to a funeral this week. Someone gave me this pic taken at a wedding many years ago.
Suit 3 Piece Navy. Single high back inverted pleat - not spilt vent. Custom made by Fletcher Jones.
No idea what happened to it.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I Was Wearing A Few Years Ago.
Went to a funeral this week. Someone gave me this pic taken at a wedding many years ago.
Suit 3 Piece Navy. Single high back inverted pleat - not spilt vent. Custom made by Fletcher Jones.
No idea what happened to it.

Ah, the good old days when Fletcher Jones:
a) Still existed;
b) Still made stuff in Australia (in Warrnambool, to be precise); and
c) Still made decent quality clothing.

My dad used to buy all of his trousers from FJs and they had some great stuff - as well as the standard charcoal and mid-gray woollen trousers, they also had some great, small-scale houndstooth and overcheck patterns. They were great, and I wish that you could still walk into your local menswear store and get trousers like that now.

Interesting that your jacket had an inverted pleat on the back - usually you'd only see that sort of thing on an outdoor jacket for horse riding or similar or, or more commonly nowadays, on a women's jacket.

Last edited:

conqueror

Reaction score

Barbour Ashby jacket

i almost pulled the trigger on this as well, but i figured i wouldn't be able to wear it for 6 months now and i'm strapped for space.

took a huge gamble re: sizing on some denim as i need to retire my eternal 883s after 3yrs. also copped some clarks desert treks.

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i almost pulled the trigger on this as well, but i figured i wouldn't be able to wear it for 6 months now and i'm strapped for space.

Was looking at this too but could only find the olive on sale, wanted the Navy.

EndClothing and Aprodite had similar sales in the lead up to our winter/start of it, so you shouldn't have any trouble picking one up at a later date for a similar price.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I find, it rains in summer moreso than any other season, so it'd be good to have it to wear instead of a trench coat.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, was Suit Supply opening in Australia? Is it open? What's the deal?

They were going to open, I'm guessing late 2017-2018? It's been in the works for a couple of years now. They haven't given much indication of where in Oz

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads