• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NathanBB

Reaction score
Wahoo! Just had a grovelling Aus Post courrier begging forgives and expressing a thousand pardons on my doorstep branding my parcel. Win!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Have you experienced a slight rain of frogs today. Parcel and an apology is a nice ending.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you experienced a slight rain of frogs today. Parcel and an apology is a nice ending.

I live in Canberra so its just plague, pestilence and famine all courtesy of the current (Mal) administration.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blah with another crotch blow out.

Thats because I cant help it everytime I walk around Central.

I shall try find a place for repairs this weekend.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting Doco? Advertorial? About 501's

[VIDEO] [/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, I like Joe Ha's outfits.

However, this is definitely not The Finery Company's finest hour:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDRkF34QAUT/

Gotta like those shoulders though.

I've now seen quite a few B&T jackets with a similar shoulder line, and while it generally looks very distinctive - in a good way - I don't think it works for everyone. My first B&T commission had the same shoulder line - somewhat extended and sloping - but in my case, the clean line "broke" on one side due to my very prominent acromio-clavicular joint and the inherent softness of the cloth.

Joe and I both agreed it wasn't quite right, and so the jacket went back to Seoul. It's great now, and I'm just waiting for the Melbourne weather to cool off a bit more so I can rock the suit. (A three-piece from 12oz Fox flannel definitely requires chilly conditions.)

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta like those shoulders though.

I've now seen quite a few B&T jackets with a similar shoulder line, and while it generally looks very distinctive - in a good way - I don't think it works for everyone. My first B&T commission had the same shoulder line - somewhat extended and sloping - but in my case, the clean line "broke" on one side due to my very prominent acromio-clavicular joint and the inherent softness of the cloth.

What did you have done with your jacket? Did they insert a bit of wadding/padding in the shoulder to smooth out the line?

Joe's jacket (what we can see of it) looks nice - it's the unbuttoned, button-down collar, the clip-on braces being worn with bespoke trousers and the enormously long back blade of the tie, deliberately worn untucked, that make the whole thing look rather silly and costume-like.

However, maybe I'm just an ageing fuddy-duddy!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats with the damn ties and people wearing them with the skinny end hanging that far down? Not cool at all, more like compensating. Get yo ties the right length ffs.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you have done with your jacket? Did they insert a bit of wadding/padding in the shoulder to smooth out the line?

The underlying problem was overextended shoulders. As the fabric is POW, it was apparently quite tricky to reduce the shoulders. The sleeves were also a little too long and working buttonholes had already been cut. So apparently a fairly extensive reconstruction was required. I actually had my doubts as to whether it was even possible, but somehow they did it, and it looks great now.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoulders were narrowed and sleeves shortened at the sleevehead. Due to the POW pattern, an extensive remake was required. I wondered whether it would even be possible, but somehow they managed it. Looks great now.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Joe's jacket (what we can see of it) looks nice - it's the unbuttoned, button-down collar, the clip-on braces being worn with bespoke trousers and the enormously long back blade of the tie, deliberately worn untucked, that make the whole thing look rather silly and costume-like.

However, maybe I'm just an ageing fuddy-duddy!

Welcome to the club,glad to see a few more sartorial Mastodons roaming the plains of cyberspace.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strangely, I miss travelling to Darwin for work and reading the NT News over breakfast.

Invariably, there would be something on the front page about crocodiles, guns or UFOs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads