• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Firmin. I have blokes, some who are old enough to know better, but have only worn Sneakers who insist they are size 11 in shoes. But in fact fit a 9 or 9.5 in proper leather shoes.
It's a hard Road from boy to man

Johknee

Reaction score
How do you find the quality of L'Bardi driving shoes? On par with Tods (if you've had Tods or Miserocchi)?
The L'Bardi leather is decent considering their price. These are the first driving shoes I've owned and I'm not too fussed on the structure-less style. I find them uncomfortable, mostly likely because I have a high instep/arch.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Firmin. I have blokes, some who are old enough to know better, but have only worn Sneakers who insist they are size 11 in shoes. But in fact fit a 9 or 9.5 in proper leather shoes.

Sensei

Your words are pearls of wisdom in field of fresh cow manure.

Grasshopper

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wandered into Country Road for the first time in aeons and picked up a couple of pairs of espadrilles at 50% off, reduced to $49. The rope soles have a thin rubber layer (rather like a Topy, really!) applied so they should be more durable than regular espadrilles.

If you're an espadrille kind of guy, given the low Australian dollar, you'll really struggle to get them more cheaply than this at the moment.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not unusual to take a larger size in sneakers than it is in dress shoes - I take a UK9 in dress shoes and a UK10 in sneakers/running shoes.

The trick, though, as @fxh notes, is to realise that you take a different size in both, instead of also wearing UK10 dress shoes.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not unusual to take a larger size in sneakers than it is in dress shoes - I take a UK9 in dress shoes and a UK10 in sneakers/running shoes. 

The trick, though, as @fxh notes, is to realise that you take a different size in both, instead of also wearing UK10 dress shoes. 

JM I realise that but as with European sizing I take a 44 but wait I have 45 and another announces that it is 46.5. The point I was making is the total inconstancy amongst brands, and don't get get me started on waist sizes.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sup guys. checking in from singapore. I miss Australia.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ari, what's happening in the warms up north?

Not too much happening here. People still trying to get shoes that fit.

just the usual - hot weather, bad clothing, baller watches and nice condos!

I miss having seasons though. I usually get pretty excited this time of the year to pick out some nice coats etc and also have a couple of trips down to the slopes (even though australian snow sucks it's a great get together with friends who are too busy to catch up on a regular basis!)

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just the usual - hot weather, bad clothing, baller watches and nice condos!

I miss having seasons though. I usually get pretty excited this time of the year to pick out some nice coats etc and also have a couple of trips down to the slopes (even though australian snow sucks it's a great get together with friends who are too busy to catch up on a regular basis!)

The great thing about Singapore is that it's such a fantastic transport hub to the rest of Asia. While you're there, go on as many trips as you can - long weekends up to Melaka and Penang, a week in Borneo, a few days somewhere else in SE Asia and so on.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The best part about Singapore is that it's close to better places."

(about the nicest thing one can say about it, IMO and IME)

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the endless Summer rolls on I had a look at Lands End as as i want to get a new down vest for winter. Yes! Big price drops but now they have jacked the shipping costs up to $51. FUBAR!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads