• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Liber

Reaction score
It took a bit but I get the feel we're back into the swing of things in this new thread. Well done gents.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just paid $78 for "delicate" dry cleaning at Maurice's. Anyone know of a decent / cheap dry cleaner in Sydney?

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oli just reminded me, re: Melb dry cleaners.

Couldn't make it to Sam in the docklands and someone else recommended renes dry cleaning to me.

Suit came back looking good, not shiny, nice lapel roll. They couldn't get the mark out though, sent it back a second time still no go so didn't charge me anything.

Have a second pair of trousers for that suit thankfully.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone would like my copy of Ametora by David Marx, let me know. I'll even pay the postage and perhaps after you're done with it, you can pass it on to another member here to read.

First in, first served. My very small bookcase thanks you.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If anyone would like my copy of Ametora by David Marx, let me know. I'll even pay the postage and perhaps after you're done with it, you can pass it on to another member here to read.

Generous offer for anyone interested.
For my interests it was is one of the better books on clothing for many reasons. Possibly not for everyone.

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oli just reminded me, re: Melb dry cleaners.

Couldn't make it to Sam in the docklands and someone else recommended renes dry cleaning to me.

Suit came back looking good, not shiny, nice lapel roll. They couldn't get the mark out though, sent it back a second time still no go so didn't charge me anything.

Have a second pair of trousers for that suit thankfully.
Do you know what the stain/mark is ? If you have two pair its worth trying a few more things - although dry cleaning might have set it.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score

Just paid $78 for "delicate" dry cleaning at Maurice's. Anyone know of a decent / cheap dry cleaner in Sydney?

I am not sure of price (I know it is not a cheap one) but I have heard from three separate sources that I trust that no-d-lay dry cleaning in Rozelle is the best in Sydney. Not sure if I'd bother for shirts, but for suits it's the only place I'd go.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@AndrewRogers - if it's still available, then I'll gladly take it off your hands as I've been meaning to order a copy for myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads