• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DL5392

Reaction score
Is it possible to let out/lengthen the sleeves of a winter coat that were originally shortened/taken in by a tailor? Coat has viscose lining for the sleeves

ovlov

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any recommendations for non-iron MTM shirts in Sydney? I'm looking to have white shirts made for work and am very lazy with my ironing. At most, I would run a steamer over the shirts so that's why a non-iron is ideal. Thanks!

I find that Thomas Mason's Royal Oxford weave does a great job of resisting wrinkles. I know A Proper Cloth and Oscar Hunt both have this availabe As I've made orders through both of them over the years. TM is a bit pricey though. I know other make he same weave but have never tried them, and he reviews for the alternatives that PC stock seem to indicate they aren't as wrinkle resistant.

Also re your question on bespoke, I can give a rec for The Finery Company at least in terms of quality of service. I started a commission in 2019 and then got hit by a very long period of ill health. Joe still has my suit and has been very understandingof thesiuation, insisting that he would prefer to wait on my full recovery and return to Sydney so that as many adjustments as possible can be made to match the suit to my new physique.

chuie

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Hope you're having a good ANZAC Day.

I recently bought these black double monk straps from Kent Wang in US 11.5, however they're just a touch too tight for me.

Would anyone be interested in buying these off me for the purchase price ($350 usd, which is already discounted from $450 which is great value for handgrade shoes)? I'm happy to cover shipping in Australia.

Unworn and still brand new. Fit is on the slimmer side but otherwise true to size (suitable for US 11 if you have wide feet).

BeClassic

Reaction score
Good afternoon, All.

Just want to ask Can any Melbouenian recommand Barber shops? I'm in Easten Suburbs:)

Best regards!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can any Canberra gents recommend a tailor? Not certain on the lay of the land anymore in Canberra a need a suit altered.
Kim Tailor Alterations
33 Hibberson St Gunghalin

does great work also has an eye for fabrics

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1651057232075.png

Good to see everyone's still kickin'

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gang,

I'm back in Melbourne for the first time in a while ahead of maybe relocating back semi-permanently.

I am wondering if there's anywhere new worth checking out - clothes and shoes, but also restaurants/bars/other cool things.

On an vaguely related note, I saw an ad on Instagram for a new store in Oxford St in Sydney which looks promising. Cannot for the life of me remember the name but they had a small stock of Carminas, some good quality knitwear, and looked like they are building into suiting. Has anyone been?

Cheers,
Eden

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chaps, is Double Monk a reputable retailer? I'm considering buying a navy suede Valstarino from their shop and having it shipped to the UK. Is their shipping decent?

Glad to hear any experience you might have, especially buying from them from outside of Australia.
Highly reputable. One of the few decent haberdashers around, especially with regard to shoes. Can’t comment on the external shipping but the internal shipping is decent. No complaints.

downunderdoc

Reaction score
Chaps, is Double Monk a reputable retailer? I'm considering buying a navy suede Valstarino from their shop and having it shipped to the UK. Is their shipping decent?

Glad to hear any experience you might have, especially buying from them from outside of Australia.

They are reputable but not sure I would recommend their service...

downunderdoc

Reaction score
I have been to the Sydney store a few times (most recently a couple of days ago) and have never been very impressed. Went in to grab a couple of tins of Saphir polish and the guy working there (Lawrence?) asked whether I had purchased shoes from them before. When I said no, he asked where I had purchased the EGs I was wearing (a pair of suede Banburys, which they don't even stock). When I told him I had bought them off Mr Porter he became pretty short with me and couldn't get me out of the store quick enough...keep in mind, I had just bought $80 worth of shoe polish off him.

Don't get me wrong, they're legit and the quality of their products is good, but I would never purchase anything significant from Double Monk simply because of my previous experiences with their attitude/customer service. Coincidentally, I went to the tailor afterward and mentioned this story - he told me that a number of his clients have recounted similar experiences.

Last edited:

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been to the Sydney store a few times (most recently a couple of days ago) and have never been very impressed. Went in to grab a couple of tins of Saphir polish and the guy working there (Lawrence?) asked whether I had purchased shoes from them before. When I said no, he asked where I had purchased the EGs I was wearing (a pair of suede Banburys, which they don't even stock). When I told him I had bought them off Mr Porter he became pretty short with me and couldn't get me out of the store quick enough...keep in mind, I had just bought $80 worth of shoe polish off him.

Don't get me wrong, they're legit and the quality of their products is good, but I would never purchase anything significant from Double Monk simply because of my previous experiences with their attitude/customer service. Coincidentally, I went to the tailor afterward and mentioned this story - he told me that a number of his clients have recounted similar experiences.
While have only been to Sydney store once (which was mishap free [though, not without a reservation or two]), the Melbourne crew are very much with it. Service is well above ordinary; experience also.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads