• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey mate, forgive the late reply, but here's my two-bob's worth. I've bought quite a few MTM pieces from Luxius and Kazuna. If you're in Sydney, they're definitely worth a look.

Pic from Wednesday:

View attachment 1768499

Great that Kazuna is still around.

Weirdly crossed my mind a few weeks ago.

Markodevil

Reaction score
Hello all, looking to get my first M2M suit here in Melbourne, I have been looking around for a while at both tailors and stores that have M2M services, but I am still unsure.

Is there anywhere I can go that won't just ship it off to a workshop in China? That seems like the most common thing to happen.
My criteria is;
- Plain navy, preferably something 4 seasons
- Full canvas
- Milanese buttonhole
-$2,500 budget
Is this realistic, or am I going to have to shoot higher if I want something not made in China?

sensuki

Reaction score
My suggestion would be Jose Zarpan as he will make it himself. Not sure if he could do it for your price, but possibly. It's worth asking. He makes English style tailoring but he'll do custom details if you ask him, I don't see any reason why he couldn't make you a milanese buttonhole. The general impression that I get is if you want a specific detail, he'll do it.

I haven't ordered a jacket from him before but I've got a pair of trousers and he's currently making me a second pair.

Steve Calder of Informale also still does some MTM via his old tailoring service but I'm not sure if he's taking new clients for it and it's probably slightly out of budget. That's obviously Neapolitan style. I'm really happy with my MTM jacket and trousers I ordered from him.

If you're okay with trunk shows, I can also highly recommend Joe Ha of The Finery Company's service. The Zing Chen line is made in china but quite affordable, nice style and Joe's an excellent fitter. The level of fit you'll get through him should be better than many other MTM services as they can alter the armhole of the jacket etc whereas most other MTM can't. I think the main thing is you can't vary that much from the house style.

Last edited:

eightace

Reaction score
From my birthday dinner the other day:

Birthday outfit for SF.jpg

Linen jacket from PJT

Shirt: MTM from Kazuna

Tie*: Shibumi-Firenze

PS: Shibumi-Firenze

Trou: Samuelsohn (I think) for Saks 5th Ave, a wonderful wool/silk/linen fabric

Last edited:

sensuki

Reaction score
If anyone's interested:

I sent a pair of trousers and a shirt to Rave Fabricare in the USA after my local dry cleaners failed to remove stains. Got them back today - perfect! The hype is real. It was expensive but both pieces are saved now, no regrets.

Krebz

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone could recommend op shops down in the melbounre city for finding good formal mens pieces?

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone's interested:

I sent a pair of trousers and a shirt to Rave Fabricare in the USA after my local dry cleaners failed to remove stains. Got them back today - perfect! The hype is real. It was expensive but both pieces are saved now, no regrets.
Curious as to the nature of the stains and the dry cleaner you previously tried?

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone could recommend op shops down in the melbounre city for finding good formal mens pieces?
Peruse those in the Boroondara and Stonnington council areas. Also heard Port Phillip has the odd gold mine. I’m in Melbourne City Council area - much like the council, waste of time.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, had momentarily forgotten about th St Johns jumble sale.(cnr Toorak Rd and Clendon). I assume it still happens. It was an annual thing when i was a boy.

sensuki

Reaction score
Curious as to the nature of the stains and the dry cleaner you previously tried?

I've attached photos of the stains post dry clean from Altona Dry Cleaner. It was from chocolate sauce from a chocolate cake.

The stains were better, but not removed. This was the first time they've not been able to remove a stain for me. I gave them a white cotton sweater that had yellowed over time and had quite bad stains from sitting in the laundry basket for a long time and it came back completely clean aside from some of the sewing thread along the seams retaining some of that discoloration. I also spilled Kebab sauce all over my wool/cotton bomber jacket that can't be dry cleaned with perc and they were able to get it good as new.

They use the same solvent as Rave, but they are a traditional dry cleaner and I think they mostly just throw items in the machine and hope for the best. Rave actually hand clean and soak items in drums in comparison.

I didn't want to risk trying another dry cleaner here so I just sent it to Rave.

In Melbourne I also was very happy with Ferrari Dry Cleaners in Moorabbin. They use perc though, which is harsher on the fabric than siloxane.

Attachments

• IMG_20220212_123535.jpg
    IMG_20220212_123535.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220212_123550.jpg
    IMG_20220212_123550.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 49

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've attached photos of the stains post dry clean from Altona Dry Cleaner. It was from chocolate sauce from a chocolate cake.

The stains were better, but not removed. This was the first time they've not been able to remove a stain for me. I gave them a white cotton sweater that had yellowed over time and had quite bad stains from sitting in the laundry basket for a long time and it came back completely clean aside from some of the sewing thread along the seams retaining some of that discoloration. I also spilled Kebab sauce all over my wool/cotton bomber jacket that can't be dry cleaned with perc and they were able to get it good as new.

They use the same solvent as Rave, but they are a traditional dry cleaner and I think they mostly just throw items in the machine and hope for the best. Rave actually hand clean and soak items in drums in comparison.

I didn't want to risk trying another dry cleaner here so I just sent it to Rave.

In Melbourne I also was very happy with Ferrari Dry Cleaners in Moorabbin. They use perc though, which is harsher on the fabric than siloxane.
I have been using Elegante Dry Cleaning in Armadale for 20 years (touch longer…) - after many other traumatic experiences elsewhere. They have removed all manner of stains for me. They are very service orientated. Perhaps worth a chat.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsgtfo1984