• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sensuki

Reaction score
I'm not that good at taking photos, the full length ones all look blurry but here's a photo of the trousers Jose Zarpan made me in 2019.

I supplied the cloth, buttons and side adjusters.

I've just ordered some Minnis fawn flannel, and I'm going to give it to Jose for pair #2.

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_150157.jpg
    IMG_20220215_150157.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 86

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
55AC9A24-2394-4B08-AFDD-8BA4E8E0D642.jpeg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any charity appeals for clothing for the flood victims of NSW and Queensland. I was listening to RN this morning and someone mentioned the Salvos but after calling them I found out they weren’t.

I have heard of requests for quality clothing but so far have not been able to find out where to giver or to who.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

DL5392

Reaction score
Any reviews of RM Williams leather outerwear?
looking at this in particular

or any recommendation for a cafe racer leather jacket? Had a look at pickings and parry, corlection And uruhara but nothing tickles

cheers

GtFG

Reaction score
Hi all,

New poster, had tracked the thread years ago (2015 - 2016) and had lost my account over the years (though I lurked).

Starting up a new job in mid-April and need to refresh things (make good first impressions…). Had been in NYC for 5 years and the needs were increasingly more casual in the last two years. Work in finance, so assuming i build out the business wardrobe. I also put on ~7kgs in 2020 while in NY lockdown and with a newborn. With how busy things are am needing to accept this is indeed the new normal for me.

1) Business shirt recommendations? Previously had used TM Lewin throughout my career and was content… though most recently noticed an obvious drop-off in quality. Not sure if this was gradual, or something that’s happened in the last ~2-3 years

2) Suit options… yes, know there are many paths to go down here, but probably happy to go with a budget of ~$1 - 1.2k (some variance above and below)

Fortunately shoes (Loake, C&J, Meermin) and ties (still love my old Henry Carter ones which came as recommendations from you all!) still fit despite weight gain.

In the interim, will be trawling through the threads, but figured I’d ask the question.

eightace

Reaction score
Hi all,

New poster, had tracked the thread years ago (2015 - 2016) and had lost my account over the years (though I lurked).

Starting up a new job in mid-April and need to refresh things (make good first impressions…). Had been in NYC for 5 years and the needs were increasingly more casual in the last two years. Work in finance, so assuming i build out the business wardrobe. I also put on ~7kgs in 2020 while in NY lockdown and with a newborn. With how busy things are am needing to accept this is indeed the new normal for me.

1) Business shirt recommendations? Previously had used TM Lewin throughout my career and was content… though most recently noticed an obvious drop-off in quality. Not sure if this was gradual, or something that’s happened in the last ~2-3 years

2) Suit options… yes, know there are many paths to go down here, but probably happy to go with a budget of ~$1 - 1.2k (some variance above and below)

Fortunately shoes (Loake, C&J, Meermin) and ties (still love my old Henry Carter ones which came as recommendations from you all!) still fit despite weight gain.

In the interim, will be trawling through the threads, but figured I’d ask the question.

Hey mate, forgive the late reply, but here's my two-bob's worth. I've bought quite a few MTM pieces from Luxius and Kazuna. If you're in Sydney, they're definitely worth a look.

Pic from Wednesday:

Fitpic for SF.jpg

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
Hi all,

Check out MJ Bale. I've been getting all my office clothes there in the last 5 years. Also got a full canvas for from Joe Black at DJ for $150 last EOFY sale

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads