• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I did the last time I went to the Opera. I was at a loose end on a Sydney business trip and realised I'd never attended an Opera House concert so WTH. I was wearing a plaid shirt, jeans and runners. It turned out to be opening night; I was mortified.
The one time I was in a rush for a concert and walked in rocking jeans, a navy crew neck sweater with a navy flight jacket...the ppl sitting next to me were in proper black tie...

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bah Humbug.

Happy Festivus to the rest of us.

BananaKing

Reaction score
Oh tidings of comfort and joy this season to all.

Also who is that guy who hosts the Vision Australia carols concert? He looks coked up

mercury

Reaction score
The Rake online also has a decent sale on.

Though seems like there's now a minimum $50aud for shipping to Australia (was previously free).

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, I have a little pet project that’s been going on. I posted most of the photos in the home owners thread. Here’s the link to Project Kydra
Good work sliq. Good way to get to know your dad too. Working on patching and renovations is harder than a new build. Too many already fixed points to work to. It’s a nice feeling to be walking on floors you’ve built the joists etc for.

objet

Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for good made to measure places in Brisbane, apart from DeeR Style?

Looking to spend around $400 for pants, around $1200 for a suit

Institchu, the Cloakroom and Wil Valor don’t have great reputations. Unsure about Mitchell Ogilvie’s house brand mtm program, though I had good experience with their in house tailoring on a rtw sport coat a few years ago. Likewise unsure about MJ Bale and Brooks Brothers’ programs, suspect it would be a gamble based on who fitted you.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Sydney needing/wanting to get in the Mrs, Significant Others good books take them to see Step into Paradise @ The Powerhouse. A mind blowing riot of colour and couture. Reminded me of something Steve Jobs once ate.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads