• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Contango

Reaction score
Just saw Charles Nahkle the other day... He’s planning to relocate near his home in Castle Hill by year end. Still making beautiful shirts though. Fabrics mainly Alumo, Monti, and Sic Tess.
Was actually on his website today about to book an appointment, before work got in the way.

Tempted to wait for the move since Castle Hill would be more convenient, but I’m in desperate need of shirts now, and not happy with some of the other places I’ve tried. He’s a bit more expensive but I think it’s time to bite the bullet.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Kaz of Kazuna - google him - is a Japanese MTM guy who does shoes in addition to suits, shirts etc. He’s quite reasonably priced at roughly $400+ dollars. Goodyear-welted. Benchmade by Miyagi Kogyo. Lotsa classic styles from balmorals to derbies and jumper boots. I think he’s by appointment only these days, as he’s working as the MTM fitter at MJ Bale.

The MTO shoes on his site are from the same OEM as Huntsman Leather - Bespoke Factory from Spain. Is his Miyagi Kogyo really around $400?

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The MTO shoes on his site are from the same OEM as Huntsman Leather - Bespoke Factory from Spain. Is his Miyagi Kogyo really around $400?
Not sure. But knowing Kaz and his painfully honest ways... probably.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ColdEyedPugilist How would you rate his shirts? Seriously interested..

I also saw that there are bespoke shirts available at the Shirt Bar in Barangaroo. Keen to hear the feedback if anyone has tried..

They’re excellent shirts. The fit is spot on, and the quality of material and workmanship is obviously high.

His house style is very traditional though, with fused collars and integral collar bones, so don’t expect any #menswear hand-stitching unless you ask for it, and just as importantly, are willing to pay for it.

What sets Charles apart is that he isn’t just a fitter, but a real bespoke tailor who cuts and makes his own shirts. I’ve watched him in action and know this to be the case. In fact, he’s possibly one of the last old-school bespoke shirt makers left in Sydney. As such, he will not promise you anything he cannot actually produce. And as there is no middleman, there’s no need to worry about possible miscommunication between the fitter and cutter.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orange can never be the new black but a solid burst of colour like this for casual wear could be fun in summer.
A9632FC2-4815-4C2D-A690-E00E216027BF.jpeg

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I really have to try him ;)

@ColdEyedPugilist any thoughts around the quality of his different fabrics?

Alumo is the top-of-the-line, but quite expensive. Monti and Sic Tess are very nice and a tad bit cheaper. Charles loves Alumo due to the consistency and dependability, but he won’t try to push it on you though. Also ask about the end runs of fabric; they’re good value for money.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suit_newbie

Reaction score
They’re excellent shirts. The fit is spot on, and the quality of material and workmanship is obviously high.

His house style is very traditional though, with fused collars and integral collar bones, so don’t expect any #menswear hand-stitching unless you ask for it, and just as importantly, are willing to pay for it.

What sets Charles apart is that he isn’t just a fitter, but a real bespoke tailor who cuts and makes his own shirts. I’ve watched him in action and know this to be the case. In fact, he’s possibly one of the last old-school bespoke shirt makers left in Sydney. As such, he will not promise you anything he cannot actually produce. And as there is no middleman, there’s no need to worry about possible miscommunication between the fitter and cutter.

How many fittings does he offer and how long does it take for him to make 1 shirt?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhargav1505