• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
Where can I buy a popcorn popper suitable for coffee roasting in Sydney? Online also works if shipping is reasonable. I'd prefer if it stayed within the realm of the US prices, instead of having the automatic 4x markups we are so often blessed with.
My friend bought a ****** target/K-Mart one and it seems to work fine.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0752.JPG

Melbourne is ******* colder than Siberia right now.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You blokes at sea level should try living at 750m if you think it's cold in Melbourne :) We've had a very dry, but bloody freezing winter this year. Normally we get plenty of -5's but this year have seen probably 5 or 6 -6 to -8's with one morning -10.

Glad spring is almost here and finally a bit of rain with 20mm tues and the same forecast for this arvo.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree @Henry Carter virtually lived in my pea coat this winter and haven't been out of corduroy trousers in months. Braidwood got to -11c at one stage in July.

Styleternity

Reaction score
I've jumped the hype train and dove straight into the hype shark's mouth (what is it w/ my bloody mixed metaphors today), but nonetheless - any forumites have hands on experience with the B&L Sagans?

Jasper L's review last month really sold me on their versatility - in any environ other than the office - but I'm still a little iffy as to sizing. Tried a pair on but the toebox seemed extremely tight to me, small to size even, for a UK12.

Do these sorts of forcibly-extricated-to-the-outdoors house slippers stretch a little? Is lamb suede flexible? Do I need to curb my bullish enthusiasm for slip-ons with little bows on them?

Please advise :)

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally raining in Sydney tonight if anyone's interested...

Re slippers. The Minnetonkas I bought at the HNL outlet store in Waipahu for USD20 are holding up well in Sydney this winter.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You blokes at sea level should try living at 750m if you think it's cold in Melbourne :) We've had a very dry, but bloody freezing winter this year. Normally we get plenty of -5's but this year have seen probably 5 or 6 -6 to -8's with one morning -10.

Glad spring is almost here and finally a bit of rain with 20mm tues and the same forecast for this arvo.

I have to say I'm loving the winter: the fog is gorgeous, the icy mornings with the sun out it just glitters. Love riding/driving to work and seeing the sun rise hit the hills near Kambah: perfect.

Everyone at work says it's a mild winter, though!

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say I'm loving the winter: the fog is gorgeous, the icy mornings with the sun out it just glitters. Love riding/driving to work and seeing the sun rise hit the hills near Kambah: perfect.

Everyone at work says it's a mild winter, though!
Good to hear. It's definitely been a cold winter if you look at the avg temps they are a bit lower but I think it seems warmer because we've had no rain until this week and sunny days. And we've missed out on those couple of really bitter snowy days the brindies get every year. I don't think I've really seen any snow on the mountains this year actually though the snowies have done ok the last 3-4 weeks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elliebelle