• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is Trivex worth the extra cost? What are the advantages? And if you get Trivex, do you still need to get extra scratch resistance? I get tired of my lenses getting scratched when I accidentally drop them or something (that's why I am looking to get new lenses in the first place).

Trit

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to order Matsuda in Canada? Their website store finder makes it seem like no one's selling them within 1000km of me, which is very believable. Does it make more sense to email authorized dealers in like Toronto and see if they'll ship it over and accept returns or to try to order online? It's customs and processing charges that I worry about with online returns. Most of the smaller companies can't do the customs and duties themselves and have FedEx or the like handle it at a high upcharge. I just paid 44% on an item from END Clothing with FedEx covering the duties processing and getting that money back if you make a return is not worth my time from what I read online. So a Canadian site would be ideal.

Specifically I want the M1018
matsuda m1018.JPG

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to order Matsuda in Canada? Their website store finder makes it seem like no one's selling them within 1000km of me, which is very believable. Does it make more sense to email authorized dealers in like Toronto and see if they'll ship it over and accept returns or to try to order online? It's customs and processing charges that I worry about with online returns. Most of the smaller companies can't do the customs and duties themselves and have FedEx or the like handle it at a high upcharge. I just paid 44% on an item from END Clothing with FedEx covering the duties processing and getting that money back if you make a return is not worth my time from what I read online. So a Canadian site would be ideal.

Specifically I want the M1018
View attachment 1578811

Karir sells Matsuda, you could try there. They're located in Yorkville.

Trit

Reaction score
Karir sells Matsuda, you could try there. They're located in Yorkville.

That was good advice, thanks. They do have them though only for final sale, which I totally get. But it's too big of a gamble to spend $700 on something that might not fit at all. I find the quality of "high end" glasses all over the place, too. To the point where I can't trust a brand I've never seen in person before. Maybe I'll find them somewhere else with a return policy. But shoutout to that location. Great customer service.

Stephenb24

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out on which one of these (if any) are right for my face size and facial features? If not any recommendations? Thanks!

Attachments

• 94991BC6-635E-4480-9238-DCB5D53D3EA6.png
    94991BC6-635E-4480-9238-DCB5D53D3EA6.png
    813.2 KB · Views: 329
  • 5A8481E4-7376-4D86-8627-65E232229FC8.png
    5A8481E4-7376-4D86-8627-65E232229FC8.png
    1 MB · Views: 339

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out on which one of these (if any) are right for my face size and facial features? If not any recommendations? Thanks!
To be honest, I don't really care for either of them - shape, lens, and frame color/material. Any rough budget and type of clothes you wear? That would be a good start.

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Etnia Barcelona are making some nice looking pairs lately, I am liking the patterned coloured arms a lot. Anyone have experience with this brand, know if they are well made etc?

5-QUINN-52S-CL_3.jpg

More:
4-MONTGO-50S-GDHV_2.jpg
4-MONTGO-50S-PGHV_2.jpg
4-RANIER-48S-GD_2.jpg
5-QUINN-52S-GR_1.jpg
5-WATCHE-54S-OGGY.jpg

LucasFilms

Reaction score
Now I am considering buying this one, but I don't know if it is worth to pay for expensive sunglasses, when I will have to get prescription on them, so I will be paying for good lenses that will be substituted by the prescription lenses:

What do you guys think?

I also wanted to ask if it is harder to get prescription lenses on sunglasses that have curved lenses instead of flat lenses..

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this pair of AQS are our local saks off. They’re not quality made but I really like the size and the shape. I’m hoping to find a quality pair in the same style.
Has anybody tried Walmart’s vision center? Looks like their prices are almost half of LensCrafters. I can’t justify putting high dollar lenses in these frames.
You're looking for better quality and then you ask about frames sold at WalMart. Something incongruous there....

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love this frame from Native Sons. Would like these to work as sunglasses, which means I’ll need to replace the lenses.

I know some local shops will cut custom lenses.

Is there any real difference in lens quality, other than polarized vs non polarized? Is there a recommended shop for lenses?

Any suggestions on lens color that would work with a clear frame?

Attachments

• 4EFB0B3D-3DA8-48D3-8EF5-F0AE0002212D.jpeg
    4EFB0B3D-3DA8-48D3-8EF5-F0AE0002212D.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 31147061-3E70-4C88-A4B2-30228E7BB43B.jpeg
    31147061-3E70-4C88-A4B2-30228E7BB43B.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 124

m0butt

Reaction score
Are Matsudas great quality from those who own them? I’ve only seen them on IG ads lmao.
I really like limited edition ones they have right now for $1500. Obviously they’re not “worth it” per se, but is the quality generally really good?
I have 1.1 millionaires right now and the ALD shades from this season.

JDelage

Reaction score
Is there any real difference in lens quality, other than polarized vs non polarized? Is there a recommended shop for lenses?

Any suggestions on lens color that would work with a clear frame?

There are other major differences, e.g., material (glass vs synthetics), coatings (AR, etc), etc. For example the Maui Jim mineral glass lenses are clearly better than anything else I've tried (JMM, Salt, Native Sons, etc). This said, your options for replacements are fewer (the Maui Jim lenses are not available for non MJ frames for example), so this might have no bearing on your situation. There are outfits that will send you a shipping box for your frames and will put on the sun lenses for you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikki90