• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

tonyboy

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with any of the District Vision sunglasses? I know they're meant for runners. I occasionally run outside but mostly wanted something different with a sporty vibe that was still fashionable. Looking at the Karhu

Just my 2c here.

I owned a pair of keiichi standards and they lasted about 3 years of training and ultramarathons where I wasn't babying them around. The arms ended up snapping as I was taking it off after a training run.

I also own a number of their other models and reckon the rose lens is their best, they're as much of a statement about how serious you are about running as wearing saloman or hoka shoes!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is one suave, badass older guy look.
I hope I hold up that well.
But a bolo tie? That's the first sign of dementia...

Spiraltoy

Reaction score
Anyone tried Archibald London? How’s the quality? They’re right in my price bracket and made in japan of acetate according to the web page.I could go up maybe a hundred but that’s it. Any other brands I should check out?

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Archibald London? How’s the quality? They’re right in my price bracket and made in japan of acetate according to the web page.I could go up maybe a hundred but that’s it. Any other brands I should check out?
I have True Vintage Revival frames ( TVR ), handmade Japan, most @ $475. If you go to their website, EVERYTHING is sold out. Like JMM, once a line/style sells out, they're gone for good. But if you email them, they'll send an e-brochure of new stuff dropping.

Adroit

Reaction score
Assuming the best acetate frames are JMM, who is the 2nd best for acetate?

There are several stellar manufacturers of acetate frames, including (in no particular order):

Ahlem
Cutler and Gross
Mr. Leight
Yellows Plus
Barton Perreira
Salt
Eyevan
Masunaga
Mykita
Sama
Leisure Society
Entourage of 7

ramsker

Reaction score
There are several stellar manufacturers of acetate frames, including (in no particular order):

Ahlem
Cutler and Gross
Mr. Leight
Yellows Plus
Barton Perreira
Salt
Eyevan
Masunaga
Mykita
Sama
Leisure Society
Entourage of 7

I would add Native Sons to that list.

tliu91

Reaction score

Ahlem
Cutler and Gross
Mr. Leight
Yellows Plus
Barton Perreira
Salt
Eyevan
Masunaga
Mykita
Sama
Leisure Society
Entourage of 7

id add matsuda

Adroit

Reaction score
I would add Native Sons to that list.

Great addition!

id add matsuda

I love Matsuda sunglasses and they do make acetate frames. That said, their emphasis appears to be titanium frames and, IMHO, it is their titanium offerings that distinguish the company. Based on the same logic, I probably should not have included Mykita on my list, as their bread and butter is also titanium.

Last edited:

tliu91

Reaction score
I love Matsuda sunglasses and they do make acetate frames. That said, their emphasis appears to be titanium frames and, IMHO, it is their titanium offerings that distinguish the company. Based on the same logic, I probably should not have included Mykita on my list, as their bread and butter is also titanium.

Im not sure about their sunglasses but i think the glasses are more acetate emphasis with titanium cores. or with temples consisting of precious metals like sterling silver in their higher end designs. I was just recently looking for new glasses and went thru their catalog lol.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanaBurrell