• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Made in California

Reaction score
Those are a size 293317.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: More traditionally referred to simply as a 10C, the narrower heal being implied by the narrower toe box. If you are selling them just call them a 10C. That will do for the majority of your buyers.

Made in California

Reaction score
If I find a suit I like but it's a 40L instead of a 40R, can I simply take it to a tailor and have the jacket shortened thus turning it from a "Long" to a "Regular" jacket? Also same question but from a 40R to a 40S?

Last edited:

Made in California

Reaction score
What if I find an
In theory yes, but in practice it will be prohibitively expensive and most likely still won't look right. Learn from our mistakes and don't do it.

What if I find an Armani black label suit online for $200? :embar:

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What if I find an
What if I find an Armani black label suit online for $200?
shog[1].gif

A wise man once said, "Sales are fool's gold."

Heeding those words has saved me lots of grief in the long term.

Made in California

Reaction score
Last edited:

dragos25

Reaction score
Which color?
Dark brown for maximum versatility,though cognac looks best IMO.

Should I buy these?

They're full grain calf, full pigskin lining, constructed with a norwegian welt or a blake stitch and faux welt (I can't tell), and have a hard rubber sole (dainite?)
Problem is, does the extended welt make them too clunky to wear with tweed and flannel suits or trousers? I'm looking for a black boot to wear with jeans and cords and the occasional heavy weight wool trousers

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any idea where to get white pique/Marcella material in the USA?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I personally like the first one the best, but all three would work. I'd skip the scarf/ascot whatever that is.

In terms of pairings, navy suit and white shirt means wear any tie that you like. It's one of the most neutral combinations possible- the only thing more neutral is a charcoal suit and a white shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads