• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate the walnut colour and chili does nothing for me personally. Merlot is quite a nice colour to my eyes and liver.

jaym

Reaction score
Well, I decided to try their customer service again -- the first contact, via phone, yielded a guy who basically said, "Huh, that's weird. Maybe just return it?" But the second contact, via the online chat, yielded the answer: because they didn't have a 38S in gray available in the US, they sent one from Europe. They both have the same product code, but apparently the Euro 38S is cut noticeably different, and is both longer and more boxy. Seems weird to me that they'd do that, and ship what at least some in Suitsupply know to be a different size, but I'm glad I finally got an answer.

I guess the lesson is: pay attention to where they're shipping from. If it's coming from Europe, you could be getting a totally different cut.
Returned both suits -- got a confirmation email and UPS tracking info shows they were both delivered to the New Jersey warehouse. However, Suitsupply seems to have lost the blue one. I have the name of the guy who signed for it, but it appears to have somehow been mislaid, and I am yet to get my exchange. One customer service guy apologized, said they forgot to "scan it in" and that it would be sent out immediately. However, that never happened, and now I am now worried that they lost the order entirely, and that I'm going to have to fight to escape with my original $500, nevermind the suit I need. The last customer service guy I spoke with told me he couldn't find anything about the order, and that I had to email SS instead. I'm told the reply time for emails is 48 hours. Has anyone had to deal with anything like this from them before? Alas, this has turned into a real disaster, and has totally cancelled out the convenience of online ordering.

jaym

Reaction score

What do you guys think of this fit, along with the overall outfit? I ask in light of the fact that this tux will probably be taken out once or twice a year for black-tie fundraisers. I feel like the shirtsleeves are a bit too long, and could be taken back a bit. Other than that, I feel pretty good about it.

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you leaning to one side in the second picture? Your pants look a little short in the second picture as well. Other than that, I think it's fine.

jaym

Reaction score
indeed, i was leaning, and probably had my suspenders on a bit tightly for pants with so little break.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think of this fit, along with the overall outfit? I ask in light of the fact that this tux will probably be taken out once or twice a year for black-tie fundraisers. I feel like the shirtsleeves are a bit too long, and could be taken back a bit. Other than that, I feel pretty good about it.

deadAngle

Reaction score
Isn't it the opposite? A chest that is too small or cut for shoulders that are more forward than the wearer's causes bowing lapels.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't it the opposite? A chest that is too small or cut for shoulders that are more forward than the wearer's causes bowing lapels.
Sure if it's too small, but if it's too big it can happen as well. Look at where the lapel meets the shirt collar on the left. Look at the shadow cast by the lapel on the shirt. That shouldn't happen if it was sitting on the chest.

jaym

Reaction score
this is intense. to be honest, i never really paid any attention to this detail. but indeed, there is an excess of space between the lapels and my chest. on the other hand, it fits perfectly at the waist. i suppose this is a signal to start hitting the gym a little harder.

Last edited:

pnin22

Reaction score
I thrifted some pants that are a bit too short, so I lengthened the hem a 1/2" with available material. When I ironed it, I can't seem to make the previous hemline disappear. These pants are 98%cotton 2%stretch, and I ironed with steam on the highest temperature setting. Any ideas? What trick do the drycleaners use?

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to Book of Mormon tonight. Wearing this suit and tie. White shirt, and braces. Black or burgundy oxfords?

Incandescent without flash:
6b6b563537a2e661afe1f29d8468b2a8.jpg

With flash:
d7f00df745c6e9778cfbd768eedc4462.jpg

Charcoal & light grey shark skin, which comes out the lighter end of mid grey.

Last edited:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going to Book of Mormon tonight. Wearing this suit and tie. White shirt, and braces. Black or burgundy oxfords?

Incandescent without flash:
6b6b563537a2e661afe1f29d8468b2a8.jpg

With flash:
d7f00df745c6e9778cfbd768eedc4462.jpg

Charcoal & light grey shark skin, which comes out the lighter end of mid grey.
a suit for a play? I didn't see any when I went. Regardless if go with burgundy.

Most importantly, enjoy the show. It
at be the hardest I've ever laughed in my life.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm contemplating of purchasing this Burberry trench coat from ebay. But I'm not quiet sure of its authenticity and I'm no expert in Burberry. So I'd like to know if its authentic before I drop some cash.
Thanks
That's one of the older labels, but nothing jumps out at me to question its authenticity. Personally I think the price might be a bit much for that coat but ymmv.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a suit for a play? I didn't see any when I went. Regardless if go with burgundy.

Most importantly, enjoy the show. It
at be the hardest I've ever laughed in my life.
One should always dress for the theater, no matter what the rest of the rabble do. IMNSHO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads