• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

novaeagle

Reaction score
Last edited:

bradp

Reaction score
Earlier I had asked a question if I can wear linen trousers with a wool navy blazer.

I now also realize I have another question in regards to this combo. In specific can I wear these color linen pants with the navy blazer? I have no idea for once if the color of the pants works with the blazer. The pants color is a purpleish color. My guess is the pants color don't go with a navy blazer. In that case I will just opt for grey wool pants.

I've worn similar shade trousers with navy blazers and like the way it looks. just make sure the color isn't too close to the navy. need some contrast.

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think those trousers look very good. It's not very versatile but definitely can work with s bunch of looks.

upcoming

Reaction score

Earlier I had asked a question if I can wear linen trousers with a wool navy blazer.

I now also realize I have another question in regards to this combo. In specific can I wear these color linen pants with the navy blazer? I have no idea for once if the color of the pants works with the blazer. The pants color is a purpleish color. My guess is the pants color don't go with a navy blazer. In that case I will just opt for grey wool pants.

Arnt these trousers a bit too short? Nice colour though.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
I've searched the fora and I cannot find a current recommendation for a high end alterations tailor in Atlanta or Nashville. I just relocated to Chattanooga and there is not anyone here to do the stuff I would like done ( working cuffs etc).

Thanks

W

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does the library have sewing books?

Many/most public libraries do. I suppose some might not.

If your local public library has its catalog available online (as is common these days), go online to the catalog and find out.

If your local public library does not have its catalog available online, I suppose you could call the library and ask the librarian if the library has any sewing books. Or you could even go in person and find out.

Even if your local public library doesn't have any sewing books, it may be able to obtain some for you via interlibrary loan.

And, of course, there are all manner of sewing books available in electronic form, on the Internet, often even legally so. You could download one or more of them, if they suit your needs.

P.S. - Since you haven't indicated where in Washington you're located, how exactly did you expect someone to tell you which books your unknown, specific local library has available? SF members only use psychic powers to answer questions for people with at least 1414 posts. (The "thousand times the square root of 2" rule.).

Reaction score

AE is the best place for that. Their website I mean. I believe they do seconds sales a few times a year. There's a thread for them here on the forum. If you follow it, I believe they announce when the seconds sales are.
thank you Koala-T. I discovered the shoe bank where the prices are in my range. I intend to call and order the Hale tomorrow, going for less than 200, wow. Any opinions on the Hale? http://www.ebaydig.com/images/2143/allen193891_96636_jb.jpg

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was only joking with 997... about trying to find an alterations tailor. Whereas, he can do his own alterations.

The library here emptied out lots of books. They were not being checked out. They don't understand them as resources and how people used them. So the library here is rather useless. And, some ways the old card catalogs were better.

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score

I was only joking with 997... about trying to find an alterations tailor. Whereas, he can do his own alterations.

The library here emptied out lots of books. They were not being checked out. They don't understand them as resources and how people used them. So the library here is rather useless. And, some ways the old card catalogs were better.

My alterations are more along the high level plumbing type

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought from this website before? Just want to make sure it's safe.

http://www.quality-shop.com/world/

Yes, I bought a pair of Carmina from them with no issues - they have a good collection of Simpson lasted models. They took a bit of time to get here as the German post seemed to have a hiccup in getting things into NYC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads