• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Jurgis

Reaction score
I live in Michigan, and my feet get cold in the winter, so I like to wear wool socks instead of the usual business dress socks. I put some on today and obviously my shoes are tighter; a bit too tight for comfort. I find myself considering buying a second set of shoes, a half size larger for winter. Am I crazy?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ there are plenty of wool dress sock options. Check BB for their OTC wool dress socks for example (order them during sales which stack with a 25% off 3 or more promotion). Also consider thermal sock liners -- thin but warm. See terramar on amazon for example. They are silk.

f800gs

Reaction score
Smartwool and many others offer thin wool dress socks. The Nordstrom house brand wool dress socks are pretty good and not too hard on the wallet.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just bought a Mantoni suit from Jeff & Justin at http://thewizardofaahs.com/ as an alternative to Jos A Bank.

It's currently at the tailor, but bang for buck, they seem to be good suits. I should have found a suit with a 41 jacket instead of a 32 (shoulder alt's) but after the suit and all alterations I'll be in for just under $400.

Missed your reply before. Thanks; I will check them out. Found an almost, but not quite at rack (low rise was the final nail on it) and a great suit at Nordstrom's but it was more than the MtM my tailor can do, which I want more, so that would've been silly. Are they in Seattle, or do you just me from them because they have good, affordable, stuff?

riverflow

Reaction score
Missed your reply before. Thanks; I will check them out. Found an almost, but not quite at rack (low rise was the final nail on it) and a great suit at Nordstrom's but it was more than the MtM my tailor can do, which I want more, so that would've been silly. Are they in Seattle, or do you just me from them because they have good, affordable, stuff?
They were a pretty big player on here a few years ago. I think I'm the first to reorder from them in a while, but they're located and ship out of CA.
Most of the reviews are that the materials are good, construction is solid, and you can spend the money on a tailor. I will agree with them.

sean anon

Reaction score

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do you guys get wrinkles out of stubborn cotton chinos. even with ironing it seems they're impossible to get fully crisp...

mahfuzur

Reaction score
going to a weekend soon. I wanted to do something a little more vibrant than what i would usually do, but think i might have gone too bright. any opinions on this? (suit is a 3 piece, vest not shown in pic)

the purple in the tie is darker than the shirt, the flash just makes it look brighter.

also read, brown shoes are too informal, so im going with black wingtips, is that major faux pas or am i thinking too deep into things,

also any reccomendations on a flower lapel and pocket square color combination? maybe one or the other or both together? i was thinking possible something yellow or is that color overkill?

Last edited:

Businessness

Reaction score
Why do natural fibres like denim, leather, wool get better with wear and age whereas synthetic materials like polyester and nylon at best only looks as good as it did new and at worst regresses

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because millions of years of evolution has lead to much better materials than what people can come up with in a single century of messing with plastics.

Last edited:

plainnerd

Reaction score
I wasn't aware any of those materials got better with age, are you saying all my old faded thin ripped jeans were actually better than a new pair?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads