• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

sean anon

Reaction score

Assuming this fits I am thinking of giving Tweed a try with a J Crew Sportcoat mainly because the styling is modern enough not to be mistaken for my grandfather's sportcoat.

Two questions:

My complexion is olive, eyes light brown and my hair is very dark brown. I look Southern European/Hispanic/Turkish etc. I am never quite sure about how to wear olives and browns. Thoughts on this?

I want to wear this jacket as something I can throw on with jeans and a sweater very causally like outerwear. Do you think this works?

Thanks

sean anon

Reaction score

I have this old suit that is an olive with cream birdseye. It is 100% wool medium weight. I used to wear it sometimes to summery events but this seems wrong now and I might get a real summer suit

What do you think of the styling? I like the fit but the button stance is a little high. Would you wear this in autumn to an outdoor wedding or get rid of this? And in the same vein as above does this color flatter someone with a dark hair and an olive complexion

Killarney

Reaction score
Quick question, I'm going to a wedding, and have to wear a salmon/peach tie, I'm wearing a dark blue suit, and have a light complexion (reddish hair/light skin/blue eyes) is a white shirt best or can I wear something with a little colour? What about a pocket square?

CT356

Reaction score
Hello,

I've maintained a fairly limited belt lineup to date (mostly just brown and black leather belts), so I decided to add a bit of panache to my wardrobe. However, this is my first double-ring belt. I followed the site's advice when ordering (Your belt size is two sizes larger than your pant size. If your pant size is 30, your belt size is 32.). I typically wear a 33 or 34 waist size, so I went with a large belt. According to the site's sizing chart, if you wear a 32-34 pant size your belt would be a large, so I went with a large size. I know this style is a bit casual but does it seem too long?

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys can I make this work for a "smart casual" rehearsal dinner

al6m8wfv.jpg

All Tatters

Reaction score
Quick question, I'm going to a wedding, and have to wear a salmon/peach tie, I'm wearing a dark blue suit, and have a light complexion (reddish hair/light skin/blue eyes) is a white shirt best or can I wear something with a little colour? What about a pocket square?

I would advise off white or white shirt. Light blue might work too, depending on the exact hue and saturation of the tie.

Guys can I make this work for a "smart casual" rehearsal dinner

al6m8wfv.jpg
Nice combo with the brown shoes. I wouldn't pick the beige shoes though but the browns are fine. Maybe add a brown or dark green sport coat if you fear this is not dressed up enough. Switching to a light blue or lighter green shirt will give you more options in the sport coat department. Edit: and don't forget wearing a brown belt.

Last edited:

Andrew Ryan

Reaction score
Do you guys think this suit's jacket would work worn as a sportcoat? Seems to meet all the requirements - pure linen, patch pockets, contrast buttons, etc. I'm having trouble finding a plain grey linen coat that fits me as well as the SS Havana sportcoats do. I currently have a cotton one, but I'm thinking of relegating it to spring/early fall as it wears a bit warm of course compared to linen in the height of summer (90-100+ here).

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...ts&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Havana

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Grey odd jackets are a lot harder to pair than navy, beige, browns, greens. But I have a grey DB with patch pockets that I wear with blue or tan trousers, and I love it. So the short answer is "yes". The longer one is "yes, but there are easier options to match".

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the tie looking big against this suit? Personally, I think the tie looks like it is going to eat this guy's head.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
@thefastlife : yes, in this sloppy and decadent world it will be fine. Tuck your shirt in, wear a brown belt, and either the half brogue derbies or the loafers would work. But "smart casual" to me would suggest wearing a jacket, with or without a tie, and I'd lean towards the shoes with laces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads