• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me! I'm new at this but just my input. Looks fitted and tapers down nicely. Just curious, where did you have it made from?

It looks fine, but is hard to say from that photo. Can you get someone to take a better picture of you, from front, side, and back? You also might want to post in the tailoring/alterations thread, or whatever it's called (someone will link you to it in due course, I'm sure)

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, try some textured sport coats, maybe some tweed. A traditional blazer is too formal for that shirt...

I also thought tweed, but I thought that might actually be too much texture or pattern, in most cases? Maybe I'm off my head. I was thinking something in a rougher wool; basically nothing too tidy.

Daskarn

Reaction score
Where can i find a good double-breasted coat in lighter blue, cream or brown for approx 500 usd?

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It looks fine, but is hard to say from that photo.  Can you get someone to take a better picture of you, from front, side, and back?  You also might want to post in the tailoring/alterations thread, or whatever it's called (someone will link you to it in due course, I'm sure)

+1
With the current pic, all that we can assess is that the shoulders are a little bumpy (typical of RTW), but ok. Some robo poses (with better lighting) are in order...

DjangoV

Reaction score
It looks fine, but is hard to say from that photo. Can you get someone to take a better picture of you, from front, side, and back? You also might want to post in the tailoring/alterations thread, or whatever it's called (someone will link you to it in due course, I'm sure)
I agree with ITG on all accounts:
  1. it looks ok;
  2. from this picture any misfits could very well remain hidden;
  3. cross-post in tailoring thread for most knowledgeable opinions.

The tailoring thread is here btw
teacha.gif
:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/...-and-alteration-suggestions/4290#post_6862165

freshnewbeats

Reaction score
quick q:

wondering if my tailor is charging an appropriate amount. dropped a wool aquascutum overcoat off at the tailors today for ~2 inches of waist suppression and +1" in the sleeves. what would you guys expect to pay on a job like that?

edit: plenty of fabric in the sleeve to let out 1".

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
My humble tailor would charge $35 for such adjustments, but I live in a rinki-dink town in Florida.

I am guessing $50 would be a better baseline...

plainnerd

Reaction score
I just picked up a Bertucci A-2t watch, the two I was looking at had 2 differences: the color, and the movement. One was Japanese, one was Swiss. I went with the Japanese simply because it was the color I preferred, but I was curious if there was any real difference when it came to a basic quartz movement. I'm not very educated about watches if you can't tell.

variancelog

Reaction score
I tried asking the person who posted the picture, but did not get a response, and have tried every search I can think of to find these shoes, but to no avail. Can anyone identify these beautiful shoes or point me in the right direction? The shape looks something like a Vass U-last to me, but I'm pretty sure they're not Vass because of the dark letters writing on the insole.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

AmericanGent

Reaction score

I tried asking the person who posted the picture, but did not get a response, and have tried every search I can think of to find these shoes, but to no avail. Can anyone identify these beautiful shoes or point me in the right direction? The shape looks something like a Vass U-last to me, but I'm pretty sure they're not Vass because of the dark letters writing on the insole. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Santoni perhaps?

Last edited:

AmericanGent

Reaction score

I just picked up a Bertucci A-2t watch, the two I was looking at had 2 differences: the color, and the movement.  One was Japanese, one was Swiss.  I went with the Japanese simply because it was the color I preferred, but I was curious if there was any real difference when it came to a basic quartz movement.  I'm not very educated about watches if you can't tell.

I don't know much either, but I do know that Japanese watches are excellent.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just picked up a Bertucci A-2t watch

The Bertucci A-2t is an inexpensive (readily available for below $100) quartz watch. Nothing wrong about liking such a watch, buying such a watch, or wearing such a watch. But there's simply no point in worrying about the country of origin on the quartz movement the watch uses. While there may be technical differences between the Swiss quartz (probably Ronda, or maybe ETA) and Japanese quartz (likely Miyota) movements, the differences are all but meaningless to you, the end user. Either will provide greater accuracy than probably 99.9% of people need (as will pretty much any quartz movement, regardless of origin). Either will run at least a couple of years on a battery.

Enjoy your new watch.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members