• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

ufmace

Reaction score

Got this new blazer and I'm not completely sure how to match it with stronger colored shirts. I'm going for a casual/bold kind of look. Does the above color combo look about right, horrible, what? Any other good/bads for shirt color? Blue, red, orange, yellow of the same saturation?

Zac Duncan

Reaction score

Got this new blazer and I'm not completely sure how to match it with stronger colored shirts. I'm going for a casual/bold kind of look. Does the above color combo look about right, horrible, what? Any other good/bads for shirt color? Blue, red, orange, yellow of the same saturation?
don't like the green but the jacket is good

Lucas7

Reaction score
Are sweaters and pants like these classic or will they go out of style eventually?

E TF

Reaction score
^^ The sweater would be ok, minus the logo. The pants are too short and too skinny, as is the current fashion, and will go out of style.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Light colored coat at night- I would think it would stick out too much. But I get a bit neurotic about crap like that so it's good to be told that it works fine. Thanks!

IMO a camel or tan would be fine even in the evening if you were wearing it during the day.

Plaid or plan front trousers with a dress shirt and no tie? 

Did you mean to say pleated vs plain front? It really depends on your preferences. If you meant plaid vs plaid, for me it would depend on the shirt.

james15167

Reaction score
I took these pants to a local alterations guy for repair. There is about a 1 inch long rip in them. Visible on the knee but didn't seem to go through the fabric:

The alterations guy said they would need to weave threads from the pocket into the fabric and quoted me $120 for the whole process. Is this the only way to repair a fabric tear like this, and is $120 a good rate (I have a feeling I am being overcharged). I'm in NYC, is there anyone who can get the repair done cheaper who you'd recommend?

FugueMeister

Reaction score
Can anyone speak on the quality of older Dior ties, particularly the slimmer ones that are all silk or silk/poly?
They often will look yellowed/dingy and their structuring fabric seems out of sorts. Folks on ebay and etsy have no problems selling them, but are they worth picking up when I find them?
Aside from the occasional PRL or BB, they're the only seemingly nicer neckwear that I come across in thrift shops here in Oklahoma City.

Last edited:

Septimus

Reaction score
I took these pants to a local alterations guy for repair. There is about a 1 inch long rip in them. Visible on the knee but didn't seem to go through the fabric:

The alterations guy said they would need to weave threads from the pocket into the fabric and quoted me $120 for the whole process. Is this the only way to repair a fabric tear like this, and is $120 a good rate (I have a feeling I am being overcharged). I'm in NYC, is there anyone who can get the repair done cheaper who you'd recommend?

I don't know about the price, but yes, re-weaving would probably be the only way to repair a tear like that nowhere near a seam.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have this tan/black houndstooth jacket. Any suggestions on shirt/pants to go with it?

How does it fit is the first question. That can go with a pair of flannel or dungal pants or dress it down with jeans.

Any shirt that doesn't clash will do.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone speak on the quality of older Dior ties, particularly the slimmer ones that are all silk or silk/poly?
They often will look yellowed/dingy and their structuring fabric seems out of sorts.  Folks on ebay and etsy have no problems selling them, but are they worth picking up when I find them?
Aside from the occasional PRL or BB, they're the only seemingly nicer neckwear that I come across in thrift shops here in Oklahoma City.
LL

LL

Some are okay but nothing special, but the ones with the logo sewn on the tip or that contain polyester are awful.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sallydaveis