• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
No I dont.
OK. I'm not sure if that would be something you would like to do, but I would recommend you start lifting and taking in some protein supplements and quality foods to bulk up your muscles a little. Not that you need to be a muscle-head or anything, but your shirts, as well as you as a whole, would probably look better if you add some bulk, preferably in the form of muscle. I'm serious about this.

upcoming

Reaction score

OK.  I'm not sure if that would be something you would like to do, but I would recommend you start lifting and taking in some protein supplements and quality foods to bulk up your muscles a little.  Not that you need to be a muscle-head or anything, but your shirts, as well as you as a whole, would probably look better if you add some bulk, preferably in the form of muscle.  I'm serious about this. 

Thanks for your advice I will follow it but what do you think to the fit of the shirt?

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the first trousers, I'd stick with solids as much as possible, probably in lighter shades than the pants. Navy blue would work, but green or gray or lighter brown would look good too.

On the second pair, just about anything. Texture is more important in that regard. You want to match the texture of the pants, but you could pair them with solids or patterns and still look pretty good. That's the nice thing about light to mid-gray trousers. You can pair them with almost anything and look good.

Thanks Koala

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK. I'm not sure if that would be something you would like to do, but I would recommend you start lifting and taking in some protein supplements and quality foods to bulk up your muscles a little. Not that you need to be a muscle-head or anything, but your shirts, as well as you as a whole, would probably look better if you add some bulk, preferably in the form of muscle. I'm serious about this.
And take A LOT of creatine. Stop eating, only drink creatine.

Slh

Reaction score
I have a question about half canvassing or full canvassing. My tailor makes half canvassed jackets but with no interlining or fusible or anything below the half-canvas just empty space in there. He can also make full canvassed jackets.
I want a pretty soft construction jacket. It is worth to go for full canvas in this case ( maybe with very light canvas) or going half canvassed is "enough"? I assume full canvassing will be more expensive.

Last edited:

southbound35

Reaction score
Need to pick up a navy grenadine tie on short notice. Would prefer one that is roughly 3.5" wide. Any suggestions on who might have some in stock and could ship to the U.S. By mid-week?

Last edited:

yanagi

Reaction score
Need to pick up a navy grenadine tie on short notice. Would prefer one that is roughly 3.5" wide. Any suggestions on who might have some in stock and could ship to the U.S. By mid-week?

I love my burgundy grenadine from Kent Wang; the navy should be no different except in color.

http://www.kentwang.com/ties/grenadine-navy.html

He ships out from Texas, so you should definitely receive them by mid-week.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Any thoughts on double monk strap dress shoes, especially in tan? Are they too much of an oddball these days and you need a lot of confidence to pull it off? Can I wear them with dressy jeans for smart casual?

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love my burgundy grenadine from Kent Wang; the navy should be no different except in color.

http://www.kentwang.com/ties/grenadine-navy.html

He ships out from Texas, so you should definitely receive them by mid-week.
I like my Kent Wang ties too. Not sure if you will receive by mid-next week though. If you order by today you might. I would double check with them and check to see if they have expedited shipping options. I don't remember if there were the last time I ordered. I usually pick the cheapest option.

Any thoughts on double monk strap dress shoes, especially in tan?  Are they too much of an oddball these days and you need a lot of confidence to pull it off?  Can I wear them with dressy jeans for smart casual?
Personally don't like double monks myself, but don't see why you couldn't use it for for smart casual with jeans, especially in tan.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question of my own.

Thoughts on shoe brands for patent leather oxford shoes.

I don't think I want to spend more than $200 and English made is a preference, but would go for American, Italian, etc.

Would prefer a sleeker last (not as sleek as C&J 348, but sleeker than Allen Edmonds/Alden) and looking to have it in hand before mid march for a black tie wedding.

Bglass

Reaction score
Hi all,

Question about online shoe purchasing. I recently bought a pair of shoes online from Macy's (Florsheim, had a gift card, and they were on sale). When they arrived one had clearly been tried on and creased, the other had not.

Should I return them to the store for a new pair, or simply accept that they will crease anyway not make a big issue out of it.

Thanks

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Question about online shoe purchasing. I recently bought a pair of shoes online from Macy's (Florsheim, had a gift card, and they were on sale). When they arrived one had clearly been tried on and creased, the other had not.

Should I return them to the store for a new pair, or simply accept that they will crease anyway not make a big issue out of it.

Thanks
As soon as you put on the other shoe, it's going to crease. you're going to be hard pressed to find a shoe from a department store that hasn't been tried on at some point. I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like your shoes are never going to have creases in them.

Bglass

Reaction score
Perfect, thank you. That's the direction I was leaning in. I hadn't encountered this before and thought I'd ask the experts,.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Civil_style