• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
To weigh in on the current poll, I dont think anyone should be prohibited from contributing. Those posting foolishness only make themselves look bad. Besides, most of us know how to eat the meat and spit out the bones.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
To weigh in on the current poll, I dont think anyone should be prohibited from contributing. Those posting foolishness only make themselves look bad. Besides, most of us know how to eat the meat and spit out the bones.

Not actually serious. Just trying to make a point.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Not actually serious. Just trying to make a point.

I'm aware. I just didnt have a joking response.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
WIAWT . . . tie is tied FIH with an open collar. Open collar doesnt look great in the picture, I like it in person.

cream.jpg

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Technically I think I am a 43L. Most of what you see in these pictures are 44L. 42L works if it is full cut. I can take some actual measurements of me if you tell me what and how to measure.

Going from memory, pants are 36"/37" waist, 31"/32" inseam. I'll double check this.

Shirts 17-17.5 34/35 I can get away with 16.5 but I usually leave it unbuttoned.

Shoes usually 11, however the ones in my closet range from 10 to 12 depending on how they are made. I can usually get away with 10.5 but 10 is way too tight in MOST brands.

In ties I am an extra large.

Pants are actually 32-32.5 inseam, 44" outseam. I measured some fresh from the tailor.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WIAWT . . . tie is tied FIH with an open collar. Open collar doesnt look great in the picture, I like it in person.

cream.jpg

getting there, definitely . might try a darker tie or a yellow tie.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I've been ignoring this thread. I loves it!

Mr. Spiffy, **** these people. Seriously, **** them. You want to tie a huge tie knot, I say go for it. I actually like the way a bigger knot looks - clearly I'm in the minority, but so what?

I'd say you still need a little work on the colors, patterns and combos (so do I, judging by the recent beating I took in the WAYW thread over a really ugly mismatched sweater) but you've come a long way since the beginning of the thread, and you've been a real sport about it.

Keep on truckin'

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I threw that combination together on my way out the door, I really just grabbed a shirt and tie at random. But I actually really like it.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Mr. Spiffy, **** these people. Seriously, **** them. You want to tie a huge tie knot, I say go for it. I actually like the way a bigger knot looks - clearly I'm in the minority, but so what?

I actually get a massive amount of PM's applauding the large tie knots-- and apparently I'm not the only one to wear them here. One member keeps suggesting I open the top button on my shirts more to show more of the knot.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're passionate about it, then don't let anyone change what you do or how you feel. I'd just go with a buttoned shirt collar, and at least one solid in the ensemble.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
It seems that you say this is your "style" as opposed to just ill fitting clothes lacking coordination and taste because you are too cheap to go out and purchase a decent wardrobe, instead buying everything second hand and trying to scrape it into something it certainly isn't.

Although you may think it defines you, and I have to commend you on your confidence, there isn't anyway you could ever be taken seriously. But obviously you've heard this 100 times already so alas, enjoy your little rummage sale collection.

I must say, the comment on being cheap and the arrogant tone aside, I agree with the rest of this.

Well said.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads