• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ArchibaldNat I will hopefully be ordering a pair of the Court Classic Sneakers prior to the batch deadline. With everything going on, how accurate is the date of delivery listed??

Also, would I take same size as my SF-01 V1’s?

Last edited:

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@ArchibaldNat I will hopefully be ordering a pair of the Court Classic Sneakers prior to the batch deadline. With everything going on, how accurate is the date of delivery listed??

Also, would I take same size as my SF-01 V1’s?
I think the best assessment will come from the performance with the July delivery, which we were told will arrive sometime in October.

The trick is to clean out that backlog.

If you check the website in a few days, you might see that the pair you want has already been ordered as part of our extra-strock for delivery in that batch. At the moment since we placed a serious order for extra Ultralights in White in the batch only these remaining units are currently shoppable. However, the systems exist for the remaining extras to be shoppable so we will be adding those on Monday.

As the Court Classic has the same soles as the Ultralight XL AND the Ultralight XL in White, they have been identified as our hero piece moving forward (so we consistently order extras and therefore hit volume), I think it is a safe bet.

brianwong

Reaction score
Ok update - our warehouse found the white with white lining.

The error occurred because Italy labelled both the pair with the standard white calf skin with tan lining "Bianco" and the white calfskin with white inner lining "Bianco" the exact same way. I believe they were confused and labelling based on outer color of the sneaker

We've let them know - we actually designed the white on white because women preferred it to the tan, so they haven't been made as often so the workshop didn't catch it. The tan has always been our classic so I believe they just assumed "Bianco" for the white lining as well
@ArchibaldNat can you confirm if this pair was actually shipped expedited? Just saw the tracking number and looks like the exact same shipping service as the previous pair that was sent to me…

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the best assessment will come from the performance with the July delivery, which we were told will arrive sometime in October.

The trick is to clean out that backlog.

If you check the website in a few days, you might see that the pair you want has already been ordered as part of our extra-strock for delivery in that batch. At the moment since we placed a serious order for extra Ultralights in White in the batch only these remaining units are currently shoppable. However, the systems exist for the remaining extras to be shoppable so we will be adding those on Monday.

As the Court Classic has the same soles as the Ultralight XL AND the Ultralight XL in White, they have been identified as our hero piece moving forward (so we consistently order extras and therefore hit volume), I think it is a safe bet.
I will have a look Monday then to see if my pair I want is in stock for immediate shipment, I doubt it, but worth a shot.

henrip

Reaction score
Hi!
I ordered my pair march 14th and the delivery has been pushed again. According to the messages here from Archibald the whole batch should have been ready already two weeks ago. Whats the problem @ArchibaldNat ?

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi!
I ordered my pair march 14th and the delivery has been pushed again. According to the messages here from Archibald the whole batch should have been ready already two weeks ago. Whats the problem @ArchibaldNat ?

Hi, the March delivery batch is almost delivered completely - there are still a few pairs waiting to go out.

Your order made on March 14th would be in for the July 2023 delivery batch - this has been delayed to the October delivery. Everything is currently all in the process of being made.

To be clear, the March delivery contains orders made up to January 2023

Orders made between Feb 2023 and April 2023 were scheduled for June 2023

The delay in the March 2023 batch was supposed to last till May 23/June 23 tops

The batch was subsequently re-opened to allow orders in May 23 to be combined in (thereby cancelling the June batch and creating a single bigger batch for July 23).

The July 23 batch was delayed initially to August 23

The March 23 batch continued in its delays - which brings us to late July 23 when orders finally started being shipped (roughly 5 months late)

With that finally being clear, the work could start on the July 23 batch which was then scheduled for Oct 23 - which explains why it says that on your dashboard.

Whilst we understand everyone has been inconvenienced with their shoes arriving tremendously late, once we clear the backlog we can get back to a clearer situation.

Please DM me your order number as we might have your pair coming in as an extra and therefore might be able to deliver it quicker.

I’m here to help you so let me know.

Natalie

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my order yesterday for the Kudu Court Classic's for delivery in Dec 2023. Let us see where this delivery date takes us!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update this morning...

My March order for June delivery that like clockwork gets bumped back a month every time the delivery date gets near, had indeed just been bumped back from October 15th, to November 10th.

Davakint

Reaction score
Update this morning...

My March order for June delivery that like clockwork gets bumped back a month every time the delivery date gets near, had indeed just been bumped back from October 15th, to November 10th.
Same here, initially 20th of October, now November the 10th as well.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
I have been off SF for several months, due to getting sick of overbearing 'know it all' SF members and complete incompetency masquerading as a disrupter brand ie Archibald London. I was burned badly with the HW issue and the emails that Rohan sent me then are sadly hilarious given today's context.

I am catching up and sadly heard about the AOL situation (delays and non communication etc). I am really sorry that folks have essentially got screwed over. Many questions; is AOL a Ponzi scheme? Why did the founder Rohan leave (I believe that he is in New York now... God Bless America)? Who currently owns the company and why should we believe that they are competent?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been off SF for several months, due to getting sick of overbearing 'know it all' SF members and complete incompetency masquerading as a disrupter brand ie Archibald London. I was burned badly with the HW issue and the emails that Rohan sent me then are sadly hilarious given today's context.

I am catching up and sadly heard about the AOL situation (delays and non communication etc). I am really sorry that folks have essentially got screwed over. Many questions; is AOL a Ponzi scheme? Why did the founder Rohan leave (I believe that he is in New York now... God Bless America)? Who currently owns the company and why should we believe that they are competent?
This forum is getting far too toxic...

You got your full refund for the shoes you wore for an entire year. Why are you so angry?

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
This forum is getting far too toxic...

You got your full refund for the shoes you wore for an entire year. Why are you so angry?
Please refer me to the 'angry' parts?
Please explain to me how you know that I wore the non-hand welted shoes "for an entire year', as my recollection is that I wore them very infrequently (due to Covid)?
Please explain to me why I should be thankful that you refunded me for sending me Blake stitched shoes masquerading as Hand-welted?
Instead of having a go at me for your own failures - why don't you answer my questions; why did you leave the business that you founded and owned? Who owns the company now? And why should anyone trust AOL?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads