• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know if this is real Brioni?

strazzaque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noVA99
don't but the Middle Eastern crap....the proceeds go to fund terrorist groups...much the same way independent used car dealership revenues in major cities

You're a pillock.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't but the Middle Eastern crap....the proceeds go to fund terrorist groups...much the same way independent used car dealership revenues in major cities

Indeed, the MudjahaBrioni are a very feared sartorial terrorist group who will heap criticism of the highest order on your cheap RTW.

I

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Infrasonic
Indeed, the MudjahaBrioni are a very feared sartorial terrorist group who will heap criticism of the highest order on your cheap RTW.

I

Yes, they utterly destroyed the Bamiyan JC Penney.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by strazzaque
You're a pillock.

Good word, I had to look it up.

"pillock n idiot. You could almost decide having read this dictionary that any unknown British word is most likely to mean "idiot". And you could almost be right. The Brits have so many because different ones sound better in different sentences. "Pillock" is likely a contraction of the 16th century word "pillicock", which was used to refer to the male member."

strazzaque

Reaction score
you must be originally from that region

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3074669.stm

you can google for more info as well...I wouldn't trust anything sold or made by anyone or any entity in the Middle East.

Must I? Or do I prefer calling you out on your sweeping generalisation?

I'm pleased you've put a link to assert your case, but go further.

Put Google to use, and check your facts. You'll learn that Brioni had/has a store in Lebanon.

It does not prove that those ties the OP inquired about are fake, though it does demonstrate that you're letting paranoia overrule reason.

Not everything luxury-oriented in the Middle East is necessarily counterfeit.

There's enough money shared between those who can afford it for Brioni's master tailors to make pilgrimages to the ME for fittings. (I can use search engines too.)

That's hardly surprising, since some Arabs have no occupation other than spending, (the House of Saud) so yo ucould expect their countries or sultanates to be laden (ba dum tish!) with all manner of gaudy, expensive, material labels.

The link you posted does not tell the full story, either. Software, DVDs and luxury handbags are the counterfeit items of maximum profit margin, flooding the bazaars. They are easier to replicate in the first 2 instances, and are accessible to a significant portion of the global marketplace.

Counterfeit suiting, if it makes the cut, ranks below counterfeit football jerseys in the grand scheme of counterfeiting.

I'm not from the region, by the way, just took offense at your generalisation.

noVA99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by strazzaque
Must I? Or do I prefer calling you out on your sweeping generalisation?

I'm pleased you've put a link to assert your case, but go further.

Put Google to use, and check your facts. You'll learn that Brioni had/has a store in Lebanon.

It does not prove that those ties the OP inquired about are fake, though it does demonstrate that you're letting paranoia overrule reason.

Not everything luxury-oriented in the Middle East is necessarily counterfeit.

There's enough money shared between those who can afford it for Brioni's master tailors to make pilgrimages to the ME for fittings. (I can use search engines too.)

That's hardly surprising, since some Arabs have no occupation other than spending, (the House of Saud) so yo ucould expect their countries or sultanates to be laden (ba dum tish!) with all manner of gaudy, expensive, material labels.

The link you posted does not tell the full story, either. Software, DVDs and luxury handbags are the counterfeit items of maximum profit margin, flooding the bazaars. They are easier to replicate in the first 2 instances, and are accessible to a significant portion of the global marketplace.

Counterfeit suiting, if it makes the cut, ranks below counterfeit football jerseys in the grand scheme of counterfeiting.

I'm not from the region, by the way, just took offense at your generalisation.

http://www.pressbox.co.uk/Detailed/6073.html

you are one naive person. Again, I wouldn't buy any type of 'high end' clothing from anyone other than the person who actually owned it or from the department store or designer store itself, online or in person. If I did buy anything from a seller who originated from the Middle East or anywhere else, it better be from the designer store itself and not some person who says he is a buyer of clothing from 'stores that went out of business'...yeah right.

harp

Reaction score
Members here have said they've bought from this seller and it's indeed fake. It's not going to a good cause regardless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads