• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody receive their Run Of The Mill order yet?

ichobi

Reaction score
Hi Just want to check our forum members have received their ROTM order yet? I pre-order the double monk shoes and I have heard nothing since.

Never get any status update. Emailed them many times never get a single reply. Messaged their twitter, even the person involve personal's twitter and get nothing whatsoever. I am moving my house soon so I want to know if the shoes will arrive beforehand. It's utterly frustrating to not know anything at all.

I understand they have had some delayed production and customs import and all but the lack of communication is rather unprofessional, even if this is a small operation. I don't know where to ask so I turn to forum since I think a lot of people here ordered some stuff from them.

I know their first run was also very late. I actually don't mind the delay, but I DO mind not getting any response.

Last edited:

ichobi

Reaction score
Hmm. Guess not many people buy stuff from them. Without their previous reputation I would start to think this is some kind of fraud to be frank.

Last edited:

ichobi

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump, but I am really at lost. Shoes are paid for, can't be refund, and now impossible reach the seller. :brick:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry for the bump, but I am really at lost. Shoes are paid for, can't be refund, and now impossible reach the seller. :brick:

None of these signs are good at all get ready to stomach a loss. This firm is not spoken of often here (if at all) although you seem to think that many here are involved - how come?

ichobi

Reaction score
I picked up from various threads that people have preordered or bought stuff from them, but as you rightly said, not that many.

Though everyone complained about delay in their first batch. I have also seen that people do receive their order from last year, and the latest one this year (he was selling it here on SF so I asked him).

These guys behind the company are well known to some degree. They are on twitter (LAS from Sartinclined) etc. I wouldn't think they would be a scam, simply running terrible business.

Not anymore, absolutely awful experience. Some unknown and Chinese merchants do a better customer service than this.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
When did you place your order? Did you receive a confirmation?

You should be able to dispute this with your credit card - I notice that the ROTM tumblr says they shut down 5 months ago.

ichobi

Reaction score

When did you place your order? Did you receive a confirmation?
You should be able to dispute this with your credit card - I notice that the ROTM tumblr says they shut down 5 months ago.

I placed my order last November when the shoes was a preorder, and I did receive the confirmation and nothing after that.

I managed to contact Jon (part of ROTM) on his tumblr just now. Will have to see what he have to say.

Last edited:

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would never deal with them again. I did a pre-order with them a year or two ago for the dub monks an they took almost a year to get to me, due to issue after issue. Their communication was poor and the final product was OK at best. I would never tell anyone to order from them. I wanted my money refunded and was given the excuse that it was already used to produce my shoes. They where supposed to be done in 4 months and it was over a year before they arrived.

ichobi

Reaction score

I would never deal with them again. I did a pre-order with them a year or two ago for the dub monks an they took almost a year to get to me, due to issue after issue. Their communication was poor and the final product was OK at best. I would never tell anyone to order from them. I wanted my money refunded and was given the excuse that it was already used to produce my shoes. They where supposed to be done in 4 months and it was over a year before they arrived.

I wished I have known this. Thanks for sharing. Will update my status later if I hear something back for them so that people don't fall victim again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads