• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody dealt with member stilmacher? Confused as to what to do

alphaO888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
not always.

What does that have to do with travelling w/o internet access? If you get killed, you get killed regardless of whether you're in Monaco or sitting on your bum at home in front of the tv.

Tibo

Reaction score
Last update: apparently something messed up in the shipping process and the seller got the shoes back to him today, or so I'm told by the person answering his emails on his behalf during his absence. Giant misunderstanding ensues as the seller doesn't understand why I would file a PayPal claim and at the same time refuse delivery of the package (which I obviously didn't). Long story short, we've agreed that she would re-ship the shoes first thing tomorrow and provide me with the tracking number. We've also agreed that as soon as I get the tracking number I'll withdraw my PayPal claim and wait for the shoes to arrive; worst case, if the shoes aren't there in 1 week, I could file a PayPal claim again. Let's see how it goes, but this one won't end up my best online buying experience ever
wink.gif

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tuscan
I have bought from him on ebay in the past (Lattanzi shoes and hermes sweater) and he has always been 200% professional and reliable
200 per cent
eh? The average athlete -- a professional -- is only capable of giving 110 per cent. That is remarkable. At any rate, glad to hear for the OP that things seem to be working out.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alphaO888
have you thought of the possibility that he did ship it and that it's an international package? these things can take 3-4 weeks sometimes

Plus the travelling excuse is such horse **** nowadays. Who travels without a cell phone or laptop/e-reader or vacations in the Sahara without any internet access? Especially someone who has money.. please. Poor excuse if you ask me.

Dude, sometimes I travel like 30hrs and have no internet access before or after for say 10 hrs. Depending on how rushed I am might take me a few days to answer and some people might start to worry. Not everyone calls Atlanta/Dallas travelling.

Stilmacher has a history of delivering goods, no need to panic.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
have you thought of the possibility that he did ship it and that it's an international package? these things can take 3-4 weeks sometimes

Plus the travelling excuse is such horse **** nowadays. Who travels without a cell phone or laptop/e-reader or vacations in the Sahara without any internet access? Especially someone who has money.. please. Poor excuse if you ask me.

This is just plain sad - you never go anywhere that's off the grid?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you jumped the gun a little - if I'm reading this correctly the delivery was less than a week late when you started to panic? I think you have 30 days to file a paypal dispute, but I'd wait at least a full week with getting no email/pm response before I'd go public with anything.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I think you jumped the gun a little - if I'm reading this correctly the delivery was less than a week late when you started to panic? I think you have 30 days to file a paypal dispute, but I'd wait at least a full week with getting no email/pm response before I'd go public with anything.

Generally, I agree. On the other hand...

Originally Posted by Tibo
Last update: apparently something messed up in the shipping process and the seller got the shoes back to him today, or so I'm told by the person answering his emails on his behalf during his absence. Giant misunderstanding ensues as the seller doesn't understand why I would file a PayPal claim and at the same time refuse delivery of the package (which I obviously didn't).

This just rings false. Where's the tracking number for the original bounced parcel? You are telling me Stilmacher, an ebay vet shipping $500 Lobbs halfway around the world didn't have tracking?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
You are telling me Stilmacher, an ebay vet shipping $500 Lobbs halfway around the world didn't have tracking?

nobody said this.

actually, from hamburg to belgium is not half around the world.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased 5 H&K shirts from Stilmacher some time ago. He was communicative up until the point where he left to go yachting in the English Channel. Not joking - at least this is what I was told. Then he went offline but the shirts still had not arrived. I was worried at first but asked around on here (I think Spoo was one of the people I asked) and he was spoken quite highly of by everyone.

Anyway, the shirts arrived eventually. It took 4 -5 weeks, but they got here. I kind of stopped worrying about it after people said he was legit. In all likelihood, I'm guessing the delay was due to a combination of shipping delays and Stilmacher probably shipping a few days after he said it would be shipped before leaving for the regatta.

The shirts arrived in pristine condition- as advertised.

Edit: Sorry, as I thought about, I think it was one of the guys at Ascotshoes that was asea in the channel. I don't know what happened to Stilmacher, but my shirts did eventually arrive. I would just sit tight.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Dude, sometimes I travel like 30hrs and have no internet access before or after for say 10 hrs. Depending on how rushed I am might take me a few days to answer and some people might start to worry. Not everyone calls Atlanta/Dallas travelling.

Stilmacher has a history of delivering goods, no need to panic.

I've never dealt with Stilmacher, but seriously, people have lives. I try to respond to PMs and emails ASAP, but there have been times when I've had limited access to the internet for a stretch of several days.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last update: apparently something messed up in the shipping process and the seller got the shoes back to him today, or so I'm told by the person answering his emails on his behalf during his absence. Giant misunderstanding ensues as the seller doesn't understand why I would file a PayPal claim and at the same time refuse delivery of the package (which I obviously didn't).

It happened to me once before. My MTO was shipped from England and I waited 2 week before contacting the vendor. Who said he mailed it 2 weeks ago.

It ended up the Package has already attempted delivered once. Somehow the notice was taken/blown off by Wind. Without the notice I didn't know the package was here already, and USPS just waits for me to pick it up - thinking I got the notice.

I picked it up 2 days before it was scheduled to be shipped back.

Maybe something similar happened to you.

alphaO888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
This is just plain sad - you never go anywhere that's off the grid?

Work requires me to constantly be plugged into th
worship.gif
e matrix and it's not that difficult to stay connected nowadays.

Jangofett

Reaction score

What the others said are right.

While almost everywhere in the world is online, except for Osama's pad, sometimes its not worth the hassle.

So if one travels in an 8 to 11 hours flight, I wouldn't want to pay the high air charges so I can reply to PM and emails on where is so and so's parcel. The same applies if I am in transit and waiting for the next connection. I understand Dallas would have a strip joint in their airport soon? I would rather pay for that, than pay to surf the net. And if one is travelling to some place new, I would rather look around than spend my time surfing the net.

And even if I am not travelling, I have better things to do with my time than surf incessantly daily.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've also agreed that as soon as I get the tracking number I'll withdraw my PayPal claim and wait for the shoes to arrive; worst case, if the shoes aren't there in 1 week, I could file a PayPal claim again.

Let's see how it goes, but this one won't end up my best online buying experience ever
wink.gif

Nice to hear it sounds like its working itself out for you however just to cover yourself, I would not close the claim until you receive the shoes. Even if the person ships the shoes, funny things can happen in transit. Just sayin'

Tibo

Reaction score
Just to comment on the timing issue since it seems some are accusing me of being impatient: what was killing was the contrast. When stilmacher offered his item for sale, he answered to PMs in matters of minutes. Then when the deal was closed I had no answer from him or anyone representing him for 12 days (from Saturday 30/5 to Wednesday 11/5), without him ever telling me that would happen before.

Seriously folks, as much as I understand the idea of being off the grid, nowadays, when you know you're going to be offline for more than 5 days, you tend to give advance warning to people with whom you're interacting at that moment, right?

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Still waiting for the new tracking number.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads