• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any shirtmakers in oc?

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations for a shirtmaker in Orange County, CA. I don't remember where, but somebody was talking about getting a shirt done by a shirtmaker first before ordering from Jantzen. This seems like a good idea to get feedback on what will work for you, like the collars and stuff like that. So, its also important that I get to keep all the measurements. I know T&A is coming to Beverly Hills, but the price for those shirts are waaay out of my league. Shirtmaven's price isn't that bad, but he's in NYC.

brescd01

Reaction score
I have written this before but I will write it again: overcome the phobia of measuring yourself and you will be very happy. Jantzen costs 45 dollars/shirt. Order one with your best measurements. If you are really paranoid you can also include the measurements of your best fitting shirt. Even if you have to throw out one or two it would be worth it. I ordered 4 and they were slightly short in the sleeves but wearable and they otherwise fit very well. I felt the same way you do, thinking that measurements were something magial when taken by an expert but they are not.

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brescdoc1,

So, it sounds like you've also gone through the MTM route with shirtmakers. How was this experience? Are you saying that there's really no difference? You're right that measuring yourself shouldn't be that hard. But, I was also thinking that an expert would be able to tell me what styles would best flatter my face- things like how far the points should be, etc... I also slouch a lot, and I figured a shirtmaker would know how to compensate for it. However, it seems that a lot of the places might not actually know it either.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Alex:

Did Anto merge with Septejian in Beverly Hills? Great recommendation and a great shop.

Renzi in Costa Mesa could be another option.

I did a trunk show at a specialty store in Claremont a while back who had a pretty good shirtmaker there as well.

IM me and I can give you contact info on any of these three.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Anto is Sepetjian - Anto Sepetjian. Â Jack and Ken are Anto's sons. Over the years Anto bought Nat Wise and Jack Varney.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads