• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you do not like Laga or Hp right up front, keep them for a while as you may find you like them once you want to deviate from the sweeter scotches into more intense flavors.
What he said. I wrote a few weeks ago about receiving some Laga 16 from a friend. In that time it's grown on me a lot, and I think it will even more in months to come.

gopherblue

Reaction score
I never usually do this, but what the hell. Here's most of my currently opened stock. Not a great iphone pic, but extra points if you can name all the bottles!

agoldf

Reaction score
Blue hanger 30 (3rd release?)
dailuaine 16
Oban 18
Ardbeg committee
And I think a talisker, but it might be a craggy.

Last edited:

gopherblue

Reaction score

Nice! Lotta good stuff going on there. What's the 30 y/o hanging out in the back?

Apologies, meant to respond to this earlier...
Agoldf has the right answer...the 30 y.o. is Blue Hanger's 3rd release, which was a blend of 30+ year old single malts. Got that one for free from Berry Bros when I was on a spending bender in St. James's Place.

Last edited:

gopherblue

Reaction score

Nice! Aberlour A'Bunadh is great stuff as well, a real sherry bomb.

I have to say, I'm admittedly in the minority on this, but I'm not too keen on the A'Bunadh...maybe it has too much sherry for me. But I love the other Aberlours, especially the 18. A good friend of mine thinks I'm nuts, and LOVES the A'Bunadh. He drinks mine whenever he's over.
I'm really a peat/smoke guy...but only to a point. Laga is perfect. Ardbeg/Laphroiag are good in moderation, but I can't drink them as much as Laga or Talisker.

joelscott7

Reaction score
I just picked up bottle 1010 of The General from Compass Box. Anyone else try it?
I am also enjoying Ardbog and Auriverdes.
I haven't been able to get The General, but I have opened a few Compass Box bottles recently and have been very impressed with them. I am sure the General will be great as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads