• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any neapolitan pizza fans?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
Is this where the pizza is chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry all together?

Toponyms are mainly marketing terms in the US. That, and it's hard to market something called 'spumone' in vulgarian America.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
What's this, salt crust, cointreau, lime and tequila?
FTFY - still a funny joke

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone chip in for London, I haven't been to any memorable pizza place so far in London

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a respectable place just east of the London Eye on that side of the river... I don't remember the name, but I enjoyed the pizza. It's like a tent, almost... kind of a free-standing outdoor structure that seems somehow semi-permanent.

riverrun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
totally the company.

Did una pizza napoletana open in SF yet? It was a good place in NYC, but the prices were pretty ridiculous. I rarely at there because of it.

the motorino that took over UPN's space (and oven) is really good to my taste.

bryce330

Reaction score
I'm a huge Neapolitan pizza fan, I even have a secret dream of opening my own DOC Neapolitan pizza place one day.

As someone who lives in the DC area, I have to say 2 Amys is way better than Pizzeria Paradiso. Paradiso is OK, and I'm happy they are opening a new location in Old Town Alexandria (a 15 minute walk from my house), but it really pisses me off that they keep promoting themselves with a quote from the Washingtonian saying they are "better than any pizza you'll find in Naples." WTF, has that Washingtonian reviewer really tried every pizza in Naples? I would bet he/she has never even been there.

My favorite places in the US are Una Pizza Napoletana in NYC and A16 in SF. In Naples itself, I prefer Regina Margherita and Lombardi a Santa Chiara.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Nella last night.. enjoyed it. Very "family" on a Sunday night tho.

raven37457

Reaction score
Of course, I like Keste. I still need to go to Motorino and Pizza Moto. Also, Donatella Arpaia's neapolitan pizza venture has been in the blogosphere this past week. She is having the famed neapolitan pizza maker Enzo Coccia train her and monitor the building of an authentic neapolitan wood burning oven The oven is being built by oven-maker Stefano Ferrara. Check out whether the press here.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Went to Nella last night.. enjoyed it. Very "family" on a Sunday night tho.

I've been to Nella, too Ron - here's their take on Margherita
e9f0c620.jpg

As good as Spacca Napoli and someone easier to get to (Nella is owned by Spacca's former pizzaiolo).

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
Of course, I like Keste. I still need to go to Motorino and Pizza Moto. Also, Donatella Arpaia's neapolitan pizza venture has been in the blogosphere this past week. She is having the famed neapolitan pizza maker Enzo Coccia train her and monitor the building of an authentic neapolitan wood burning oven The oven is being built by oven-maker Stefano Ferrara. Check out whether the press here.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/

I walked by Keste the other day looking for something to eat but it was rather crowded and we needed to eat ASAP. Another time...

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Gran Gusto in Cambridge, which is in the article, is quite good.

Some interesting Neapolitan pasta dishes as well.

- B

Don't forget to mention that afterwards, you and yours can head over to Paddy's Lunch for whatever it is they serve in there. Maybe even pickup a bumper sticker for the car so you fit into the hood.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
I've been to Nella, too Ron - here's their take on Margherita
e9f0c620.jpg

As good as Spacca Napoli and someone easier to get to (Nella is owned by Spacca's former pizzaiolo).

No basil?

Here's from my local:
pizzanbeer.jpg

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
No basil?

Here's from my local:
pizzanbeer.jpg

Come to think of it, it might just have had dried basil rather than the real thing as your local serves.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Come to think of it, it might just have had dried basil rather than the real thing as your local serves.
It's fresh basil, but it was sparse

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads